Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see any guides on how to replace the intercooler pipes so here is my quick run down.

Tools needed:
Flat blade screwdriver
7mm socket 1/4"
3" extension
1/4" ratchet
10 mm wrench

Directions:
First off you will want to remove the engine cover and the front bumper

Next you will need to take the clamps off of the pipe ends that connect it to the turbo. Here you can use a small flat blade screwdriver and pull the tabs away so the hose clamp becomes loose. I did this for the first one, then I grabbed the cut off wheel and air hose on the ones I could reach. They came off a lot faster that way. There are a total of 4. Below is the assembled intercooler setup, I used my MS paint skill to show you were the clamps are.The connectors on the inter cooler themselves require a flat blade screwdriver. At the top of the connector you will put the screwdriver in and give it a twist. Then it will pull the clamp open then just pull the pipe off the intercooler itself.

IMAG0178 edit.jpg

IMAG0179 edit.jpg

The next thing you will want to to is remove the nuts that fasten the intercooler pipes to the engine. This is where the 10 mm wrench comes in handy.There is one one the pipe coming off the turbo (hot side?).

IMAG0172.jpg

Then there are two on the return (cold side?) forgive me I don't know which side is hot and cold.

IMAG0173.jpg
IMAG0174.jpg

After everything is disconnected the take a little finagling to get the pipes out. The pipe coming off the turbo (hot side?) I snuck out the side near where my CAI is. As for the the return (cold side?) pipe I did it in 2 parts, I separated the plastic pipe from the silicone adapter to make it a tad easier. On the throttle body is where I used the 7 mm socket and ratchet. There is a hose clamp that was easy to take off (also hard to get the cut off wheel to).

Once those are off, time to install the new ones.

·
Super Moderator
4,524 Posts
I didn't see any guides on how to replace the intercooler pipes so here is my quick run down.

Tools needed:
Flat blade screwdriver
7mm socket 1/4"
3" extension
1/4" ratchet
10 mm wrench

Directions:

Next you will need to take the clamps off of the pipe ends that connect it to the turbo. Here you can use a small flat blade screwdriver and pull the tabs away so the hose clamp becomes loose. I did this for the first one, then I grabbed the cut off wheel and air hose on the ones I could reach. They came off a lot faster that way. There are a total of 4. Below is the assembled intercooler setup, I used my MS paint skill to show you were the clamps are.The connectors on the inter cooler themselves require a flat blade screwdriver. At the top of the connector you will put the screwdriver in and give it a twist. Then it will pull the clamp open then just pull the pipe off the intercooler itself.

View attachment 55148

View attachment 55149

The next thing you will want to to is remove the nuts that fasten the intercooler pipes to the engine. This is where the 10 mm wrench comes in handy.There is one one the pipe coming off the turbo (hot side?).

View attachment 55150

Then there are two on the return (cold side?) forgive me I don't know which side is hot and cold.

After everything is disconnected the take a little finagling to get the pipes out. The pipe coming off the turbo (hot side?) I snuck out the side near where my CAI is. As for the the return (cold side?) pipe I did it in 2 parts, I separated the plastic pipe from the silicone adapter to make it a tad easier. On the throttle body is where I used the 7 mm socket and ratchet. There is a hose clamp that was easy to take off (also hard to get the cut off wheel to).

Nice! Do you have pics of install or pics of the HPSI pipes after install? :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Do you have pics of install or pics of the HPSI pipes after install? :)
Not yet. I will get some eventually. The sun kicked my ass when I was working on everything. It was story time on my build thread haha.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Cntrollerfanboy
For sake of keeping this kinda short with not to much to scroll through here is a link to my build thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Tools needed:
Flat blade screwdriver
7mm socket 1/4"
3" extension
1/4" ratchet
10 mm wrench

Directions:

View attachment 55148

View attachment 55149

View attachment 55150

View attachment 55151
View attachment 55152

Could you please let me know the part name ? The local dodge dealer is charging me 300$$

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought my intercooler off a member here. I would suggest not going to the dealer for an intercooler. They are called stealerships for a reason.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great write up @thatd0mguy

I'd like to change mine but I have NO idea how. Removal is clearer now thanks to you but what about the other half? Is the install on your build thread?

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Great write up @thatd0mguy

I'd like to change mine but I have NO idea how. Removal is clearer now thanks to you but what about the other half? Is the install on your build thread?
What are you looking to do? Put in new ones? Cause it's very self explanatory once the pipes are out... You really don't need to secure them down after... If everything is tightened correctly they will hold themselves in place.

Sent using a rotary phone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts