Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Could you elaborate some more details on this. I am working on wiring a line converter. I was originally going to go from the main radio harness but I have a Limited with the 6-speaker and am having difficulty finding the correct harness under the dash. On the door sills, did you cut open the wire-wrap to find the speaker wire? I may just tap into them on each side and run 3 feet of wire to a central area under the dash and hide the converter box there.

On the flip side, I did do the battery positive setup and it works stupendously, like it was meant to be. Also for the trunk ground, if you pull up that tucked-carpet spot immediately behind the rear seats in the trunk, you find a two-bolt and nut setup for a bracket, I just grounded it there.

Still working out a switch, it will probably be a hidden keyed power switch on/off. No idea where I am going to pull the measly power from though.

And I couldn't agree more with the door speakers. I will probably convert the front doors to 6 1/2" and leave the rears 6x9, and add-in the deck lid 6x9's. The car lacks high's pretty bad too, its like they tried to shoot them down a hallway when positioning them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yep, driver's side was the first 35 minutes, passenger side took 15. Plumbed the wires into the center part of the dash and pulled the panel aside on the drivers half. There is a spot to stash the converter there and wire it in. Then I proceeded to run the RCA wires through the floorboard in loom at the bend in it, and over to the driver's side door sill, and ran the remote/RCA's back on that side, ran the +12 main down the passenger side.

However, I am still working on a keyed +12v for my remote wire. I am not sure where is the easiest location to tap from, I'm trying to avoid running another wire through the firewall so under the hood is out of the question. The center console cigarette lighter is EASY to get too, but it is a constant. My wife drives this car sometimes and I would rather just have a keyed +12v with a switch on it, so that I can shut the amp off if I shut the radio off.

Any idea's on an easy-to-tap-into +12v keyed source?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Alright where the F is the interior fuse block. There is just wayyyy too much wiring stuffed in specific locations. Don't get me wrong I love electronics and wiring but damn.

1 - 3 of 101 Posts