Dodge Dart Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Registered
554 Posts
Yep, bought the Bluetooth version and download the app. I'm actually pretty excited. If I can get this mirror working and also active uconnect in the Avenger, it will have paid for itself already. I would also like to replace the cluster in the Avenger. I think this setup will allow me to do that and set the odometer, so...more savings. I also have a Ram I'd like to do stuff to. Game changer baby!
May I add it can do many awesome things, but it WILL NOT change the odometer.

· Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone else been able to retrofit an auto dimming mirror or know what additional steps in alfaobd need to be taken to activate it? I repinned my wires into the harness for the auto dimming mirror and ran a proxy alignment but the mirror still does not turn on and dim. Is there an option somewhere that needs to be activated?

· Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone else been able to retrofit an auto dimming mirror or know what additional steps in alfaobd need to be taken to activate it? I repinned my wires into the harness for the auto dimming mirror and ran a proxy alignment but the mirror still does not turn on and dim. Is there an option somewhere that needs to be activated?
Question , was the hexagonal mount on the windshield the same as the one on the auto dimming mirror ? I have a 2015 sxt ralley with the manual mirror and I compared both mirrors side by side and the mounts were different. Do you have a part number for the mirror you used ?

· Registered
52 Posts
Question , was the hexagonal mount on the windshield the same as the one on the auto dimming mirror ? I have a 2015 sxt ralley with the manual mirror and I compared both mirrors side by side and the mounts were different. Do you have a part number for the mirror you used ?
Yes the mounts were the same. I also used the same mount for the automatic high beams mirror as well. The auto dimming mirror is part number 57010495ab.

· Registered
23 Posts
Awesome thank you, I am going to a junk yard today and both darts have auto dimming mirrors only one of them is the smart beam. Was thinking about pulling it off but don’t want to destroy my windshield just to get high beams to work lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
52 Posts
Awesome thank you, I am going to a junk yard today and both darts have auto dimming mirrors only one of them is the smart beam. Was thinking about pulling it off but don’t want to destroy my windshield just to get high beams to work lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have the touch screen in the car? I wasnt able to get mine to complete a proxy align with the smart beam mirror but I don't have the touch screen that's used to enable and disable the feature. I was able to get the proxy align just fine with a regular auto dimming mirror. I may have missed a module setting for the smart mirror though cause I did get them to work but just not the proxy align.

· Registered
23 Posts
Do you have the touch screen in the car? I wasnt able to get mine to complete a proxy align with the smart beam mirror but I don't have the touch screen that's used to enable and disable the feature. I was able to get the proxy align just fine with a regular auto dimming mirror. I may have missed a module setting for the smart mirror though cause I did get them to work but just not the proxy align.
I pulled the auto dimming mirror today and I have to repin it to get it to work as the connectors are different so I can’t give you a answer just yet but from what is posted above you might need the 8.4 to finish the proxi alignment since it’s like a brain for most of the things the car does but can’t give you a exact answer since I haven’t done the swap myself yet.

· Registered
23 Posts
Yes the mounts were the same. I also used the same mount for the automatic high beams mirror as well. The auto dimming mirror is part number 57010495ab.
I pulled that exact mirror today thanks to that part number you gave me. Might also want to clarify the exact position of the cables once repined and maybe a picture of it’s not too much to ask please.

· Registered
52 Posts
I pulled that exact mirror today thanks to that part number you gave me. Might also want to clarify the exact position of the cables once repined and maybe a picture of it’s not too much to ask please.
Sure, I'll have to wait until my daughter brings the car home possibly later today.
I pulled the auto dimming mirror today and I have to repin it to get it to work as the connectors are different so I can’t give you a answer just yet but from what is posted above you might need the 8.4 to finish the proxi alignment since it’s like a brain for most of the things the car does but can’t give you a exact answer since I haven’t done the swap myself yet.
No worries, I actually just put the regular auto dimming mirror back in instead of the smart beams cause the regular auto dim mirror completes the proxy align correctly and since I don't have the 8.4 I don't have a convenient way to disable and enable the smart beam feature anyways.

· Registered
23 Posts
Sure, I'll have to wait until my daughter brings the car home possibly later today.

No worries, I actually just put the regular auto dimming mirror back in instead of the smart beams cause the regular auto dim mirror completes the proxy align correctly and since I don't have the 8.4 I don't have a convenient way to disable and enable the smart beam feature anyways.
Awesome appreciate it ! Why not upgrade your radio ? Heading to a pick and pull and pulling it yourself will take some time but it’s not impossible! I pulled a gps tuner this week for 22$ ! They go for waaay more than that. And reason I want to upgrade is my mirror creeks a lot and is annoying when on a phone call so thought I would upgrade since it cost me 5$ for the upgraded mirror.

· Registered
52 Posts
Awesome appreciate it ! Why not upgrade your radio ? Heading to a pick and pull and pulling it yourself will take some time but it’s not impossible! I pulled a gps tuner this week for 22$ ! They go for waaay more than that. And reason I want to upgrade is my mirror creeks a lot and is annoying when on a phone call so thought I would upgrade since it cost me 5$ for the upgraded mirror.
To retrofit the touch screen and radio into a car without it is a lot of work. I already just added the amplifier and speakers from the upgraded stereo but kept the same head unit. I'd just get an aftermarket stereo before I install the factory touch screen as it would be much easier. Here's pics of the front and back of the mirror connector after it's been repinned to the new connector for the auto dimming.
Circuit component Finger Cup Electrical wiring Thumb

Flash photography Jewellery Wood Wedding ceremony supply Body jewelry

· Registered
23 Posts
To retrofit the touch screen and radio into a car without it is a lot of work. I already just added the amplifier and speakers from the upgraded stereo but kept the same head unit. I'd just get an aftermarket stereo before I install the factory touch screen as it would be much easier. Here's pics of the front and back of the mirror connector after it's been repinned to the new connector for the auto dimming.
View attachment 130376
View attachment 130375
Oh wow I thought you had retrofit the mirror connector instead of the wiring harness lol makes sense going to try and see if the mirror fits the mount tomorrow then I’ll go about repinning it

· Registered
52 Posts
Oh wow I thought you had retrofit the mirror connector instead of the wiring harness lol makes sense going to try and see if the mirror fits the mount tomorrow then I’ll go about repinning it
Yeah it's not too bad to do. Just follow the pin outs from the previous posts basically it's this from the old non dimming mirror connector into the new auto dimming connector.
Pin 1 to 7 WT/Br
Pin 4 to 2 BK
Pin 5 to 1 PK/YL
Pin 6 to 6 LB/TN -
Pin 7 to 5 LB/DG +
Pin 8 to 4 DG/LB +
Pin 9 to 3 LB/DG -

· Registered
23 Posts
Yeah it's not too bad to do. Just follow the pin outs from the previous posts basically it's this from the old non dimming mirror connector into the new auto dimming connector.
Pin 1 to 7 WT/Br
Pin 4 to 2 BK
Pin 5 to 1 PK/YL
Pin 6 to 6 LB/TN -
Pin 7 to 5 LB/DG +
Pin 8 to 4 DG/LB +
Pin 9 to 3 LB/DG -
Sounds pretty easy to do , going to need to buy a depinning tool and try this out

· Registered
23 Posts
So I got the female connector for the auto dimming mirror and confirmed it fits on the window mount. Messed around with the connector and fairly easy to remove the pins the problem is the old square connector that my wire harness terminates into. I pulled back the white tab but it does not release the wires. Am I missing something ?
Hood Motor vehicle Gear shift Automotive design Steering wheel

Hand Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gesture

41 - 60 of 60 Posts