Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the injen cai/Sri kit and installed it as a short ram for now. Immediately after install I took it for a spin and I noticed at WOT I start getting boost cut once it spoils up, like this: waaaaaaaa-pss-waaaaaa-pss” and I can feel the power cutting too (split second each time it cuts) I checked all the hoses and everything looks fine, I’m confuzzled o_Oo_Oo_O
Btw it’s a 2016 Dart turbo. Any ideas?
(I originally posted in the 1.4l multiair section but I thought it would be best to post it here, dunno how to delete)

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
I recently bought the injen cai/Sri kit and installed it as a short ram for now. Immediately after install I took it for a spin and I noticed at WOT I start getting boost cut once it spoils up, like this: waaaaaaaa-pss-waaaaaa-pss” and I can feel the power cutting too (split second each time it cuts) I checked all the hoses and everything looks fine, I’m confuzzled o_Oo_Oo_O
Btw it’s a 2016 Dart turbo. Any ideas?
(I originally posted in the 1.4l multiair section but I thought it would be best to post it here, dunno how to delete)
It's a 16 thing. They did something strange and different with the 15 and 16 turbo engines. I am not sure what, but there was a specific type of intake you needed to get in order for it to run correctly.

Here is one example a kit that implements the fix. I think it's because of the way the factory air box evap tubes are, but it only works with this "F" set up I guess. https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/dodge-dart-engine/products/eurocompulsion-1-4l-dodge-dart-intake-system?variant=28911276556336
And the PDF to the retrofit for 15+s is at the bottom but here it is as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually figured it out, I was looking at all of the hoses and I tracked one of the hoses to the boost controller. I saw a second hose that went from the same unit to the wastegate. It looks like I had it on there too tight so the vacuum wasn’t able to get through, and when I pulled it back a bit, I didn’t get anymore power cuts. I bought the intake that was good for the 15’ and 16’ from modern performance. All is good now :geek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts