Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my box from the good fellas over at Modern Performance just a week and a half after i ordered which is amazing (considering i live in Germany) and plan to install them after work. I will be takin quite a number of pictures of the intercooler pipes and throttle body install to walk the newer modders through it with more ease. If you would like me to capture anything specific on video or take specific pictures during the install, let me know within the next hour or so.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Just got my box from the good fellas over at Modern Performance just a week and a half after i ordered which is amazing (considering i live in Germany) and plan to install them after work. I will be takin quite a number of pictures of the intercooler pipes and throttle body install to walk the newer modders through it with more ease. If you would like me to capture anything specific on video or take specific pictures during the install, let me know within the next hour or so.

Awesome. You'll really notice a nice difference in throttle response/power!
Thank you for the support!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you gonna wrap your charge pipes with heat sleeves? I can't wait to se the pics/walk through! May your days be stau frei
I dont plan to wrap them immediately, i may do it once i run out of things to bolt on but its definitely in the back of my head.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FOR THE INTERCOOLER PIPES PART 1:

1.jpg

All you need to do to access the underside portion of the pipes is to remove the molded piece show in the picture. It is held in by silver colored bolts and 2 black clips on either side (location illustrated by red circles)

2.jpg

After the molded piece is off, you will see this. you must remove the 2 hose clamps (where the red circles are)

2.5.jpg

This is a method i used to take off the clamps(easiest to do with a fine tipped screwdriver). You pry the left and right tabs away (1). Pry the top tab away (2). Then pull the inside tab away (3)

3.jpg

After you detach the hoses from the pipes, on the COLD SIDE pipe you will see this bracket. Completely remove the nut (circled in red).

4.jpg

On the HOT SIDE pipe you will see this bracket. Completely remove the nut (circled in red).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FOR THE INTERCOOLER PIPES PART 2:

5.jpg

On the COLD SIDE pipe, you will see this hose and plug. Undo the plug by pullin back on the yellow tab then depressing the plastic clip just in front of the yellow tab while givin it a good wiggle. For the hose, squeeze the 2 tabs together on the clamp and move it up the pipe. Again, give it a good wiggle while pullin. After you remove the plugs, remove the hose clamp that is right next to the plug and hose, separate the hose and pipe then remove the COLD SIDE pipe.

6.jpg

Remove this air temp sensor from the COLD SIDE pipe and install it on your new COLD SIDE pipe.

7.jpg

On the HOT SIDE pipe, you will need to remove the circled clamp. When i got to this point the clamp was twisted around so i had to remove it a different way. On top of this little assembly is a "C" shaped clip, remove it with some pliers. Fold away tab 1 and 2 then pry between the clip (touching the hose) and metal strap (on top of the clip) until you get the strap over the little notch. play with the strap a bit until it loosens up and you can slide it down. Then remove the HOT SIDE PIPE.

to install the new pipes just repeat this process in reverse order. The only difference i had with the Injen pipes, was the HOT SIDE PIPE didnt bolt onto the heat shield.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice write up with the pictures!! Can wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THROTTLE BODY INSTALL:

858240_4544618089876_803866991_o.jpg

So, it looks like a face....whatever. When you locate your throttle body (when looking at your engine with your knees touching your front bumper, it will be on the back right of the engine) you will see this. A fore warning....its crowded, it wont be that easy to do this but it can be done. Remove the clips first (circled in blue), and move them out of the way. Loosen the hose clamp (circled in yellow) with a small socket and pull the hose back or better yet, remove the hose segment. After you remove the clips, you will see two nuts (solid green circles). Remove those and then remove the black mounting plate (red line).

Now where those two nuts were (green circles), there will be 2 bolts the nuts were threaded on. Remove one of the bolts but only loosen the other, this will prevent the TB from falling when you remove the other bolts. Directly adjacent to the top two bolts, will be 2 Torx bit bolts on the bottom of the TB. It helps to use a wobbly socket adapter or extension to remove these. After you remove the bottom torx bolts, remove the last bolt on the top of the hose inlet.

intake.jpg

After you remove the TB, watch for an aqua colored gasket. Mine stuck to the original TB but make sure it gets back onto the intake manifold (shown above). NOTE: the gasket goes in a certain way, there will be a little notch on the exterior side of the gasket. That notch will be inserted in a slot which is on the manifold pointing left (or towards the front of the car). After you insert the gasket again get your new TB ready (make sure theres no dust or whatnot inside).

To install the new TB, just follow these steps in exactly reverse order putting the COLD SIDE hose segment on last followed by attaching the clips and plugging in the sensor. Its just that easy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice write up with the pictures!! Can wait to see the finished product!
Thanks man, i figured id give people an idea of what needs to be done before they buy so they can have all the tools necessary or decide its too much work for them.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Not fair man, using a lift. Most of us have done the job with the car on the ground or on ramps. Where are the install pics? At least you got the Injen pipes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Lol lifts do make things a lot easier. We have two lifts in our garage at home. But I do have respect for people that do the work on the ground. Had to help my friend do some work on his GTI and it was a lot more work than I am use to lol

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
What are your impressions now that everything is installed?.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Bump....

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
That bad?.

Reactions: Fork501

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That bad?.
Its all installed and photos are in this thread. I dont have access to a dyno so I cant give numbers...but I can say it does have better acceleration in the 100-120mph range than before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts