Dodge Dart Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
For locking the doors it’s just the DRL/Turn signal bulb that flashes. There is the option to have the headlights turn on when you unlock the car but I turned that off after I installed my HIDs for that same reason
My car hids come on after I use my keyless entry. How do I turn that off??

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
My car hids come on after I use my keyless entry. How do I turn that off??
It's one of the setting you can change in the Uconnect 8.4. If your car isn't equipped with that, I'm pretty sure it can be changed using AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX (or MX+). Short of that, you will need to pay a dealership willing to do it, probably for a half-hour of labor.

·
Super Moderator
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
It's one of the setting you can change in the Uconnect 8.4. If your car isn't equipped with that, I'm pretty sure it can be changed using AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX (or MX+). Short of that, you will need to pay a dealership willing to do it, probably for a half-hour of labor.
I have heard of people getting this done for free. I mean it's a setting that cannot be turned off by the user, the should be. If a dealer would want to charge to check a box, I would argue why another dart with the screen can do it, but not them? Why would it cost money for a lower end dart, when there should be SOME option to let them do it themselves. I would then say no thank you, I am not paying for a "service" to turn off a feature on the car that should be readily available in the car without a dealer visit. Providing that argument would probably have them bring their scan tool out and take the two minutes to do it.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts