Dodge Dart Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
For locking the doors it’s just the DRL/Turn signal bulb that flashes. There is the option to have the headlights turn on when you unlock the car but I turned that off after I installed my HIDs for that same reason
My car hids come on after I use my keyless entry. How do I turn that off??

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
My car hids come on after I use my keyless entry. How do I turn that off??
It's one of the setting you can change in the Uconnect 8.4. If your car isn't equipped with that, I'm pretty sure it can be changed using AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX (or MX+). Short of that, you will need to pay a dealership willing to do it, probably for a half-hour of labor.

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
It's one of the setting you can change in the Uconnect 8.4. If your car isn't equipped with that, I'm pretty sure it can be changed using AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX (or MX+). Short of that, you will need to pay a dealership willing to do it, probably for a half-hour of labor.
I have heard of people getting this done for free. I mean it's a setting that cannot be turned off by the user, the should be. If a dealer would want to charge to check a box, I would argue why another dart with the screen can do it, but not them? Why would it cost money for a lower end dart, when there should be SOME option to let them do it themselves. I would then say no thank you, I am not paying for a "service" to turn off a feature on the car that should be readily available in the car without a dealer visit. Providing that argument would probably have them bring their scan tool out and take the two minutes to do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I ran into a problem trying to remove one of the old halogen bulbs. It seems that the previous owner (or whoever replaced the bulb) put it the wrong position. I'm only able to get one of the locking mechanisms out while the other two are still stuck. I've tried wiggling it all around but it simply just won't come out. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?

IMG_1115.PNG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question for Cntrollerfanboy on this kit from Xenon-Vision. Couldn't find any mention of it on this thread so though I'd ask. For the main headlights, is a relay harness necessary or no. I know some manufacturers say it's needed and some not. Just looking for clarification that's all. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
So, I'm obviously late to the game in completing this upgrade, but I want to confirm what size bulbs are the correct bulbs to replace the stock halogens on my 2013 SE... I'm seeing 9005s when I look around? Just want to verify that this is indeed correct.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
So, I'm obviously late to the game in completing this upgrade, but I want to confirm what size bulbs are the correct bulbs to replace the stock halogens on my 2013 SE... I'm seeing 9005s when I look around? Just want to verify that this is indeed correct.
So I found the answer to my own question and have discovered that the correct bulb size is 9012. That being said are these bulbs good to go without changing any settings in the body computer other than eliminating the approach lamps and power off head light delay? AKA do I need to tell the body computer that HIDs are installed or do the ballasts do all the math and proverbial heavy lifting? @Cntrollerfanboy

101 - 107 of 107 Posts