Dodge Dart Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
What was the 'fix'?
Sending me a new kit, and testing it out before they shipped it to me. The ballasts weren't working and one bulbs connector wasn't seated and let the leads fall out.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sending me a new kit, and testing it out before they shipped it to me. The ballasts weren't working and one bulbs connector wasn't seated and let the leads fall out.

I'll probably be updooting to this myself. Thanks man.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'll probably be updooting to this myself. Thanks man.
Dooo eeeeet. Well worth it. Out of all of the kits that I looked at and researched, this is the only kit that I found that was truly plug and play. The rest want you to splice in the error canceler, and I didn't feel like splicing anything. They're bright, the cutoff is perfect, and in conjunction with either HID or LED fog bulbs, you'll never have an issue seeing in the dark again. And for 90 bucks for their most powerful kit? Yeahhhh....
1jl7fy.jpg

·
Registered
529 Posts
Dooo eeeeet. Well worth it. Out of all of the kits that I looked at and researched, this is the only kit that I found that was truly plug and play. The rest want you to splice in the error canceler, and I didn't feel like splicing a damn thing. They're bright, the cutoff is perfect, and in conjunction with either HID or LED fog bulbs, you'll never have an issue seeing in the dark again. And for 90 bucks for their most powerful kit? Yeahhhh....
View attachment 116444
OMG if only I were single on valentines day! LOL!

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
Damn. Now THAT'S romantic :p
Yeah, baby, check out the curves on that Taurus! It's not like you have a choice, they're lit up like the surface of the sun! Those lights are super-bright, and I'm thinking of ordering exactly the same thing @McLabia did, the CanBus 5K 55 watt. I guess I'll have to upgrade the fog lights too. It seems like you can't go wrong for the price. Even with me having pay in Canadian dollars and have them shipped to Canada.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, baby, check out the curves on that Taurus! It's not like you have a choice, they're lit up like the surface of the sun! Those lights are super-bright, and I'm thinking of ordering exactly the same thing @McLabia did, the CanBus 5K 55 watt. I guess I'll have to upgrade the fog lights too. It seems like you can't go wrong for the price. Even with me having pay in Canadian dollars and have them shipped to Canada.
I picked up some inexpensive simdevma led lights over a year ago from Amazon that work well. They were a deal of the day thing. I spent 25 bucks on them. They're on Amazon now for 35ish.

simdevanma LED Automobile... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXMIRY6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up some inexpensive simdevma led lights over a year ago from Amazon that work well. They were a deal of the day thing. I spent 25 bucks on them. They're on Amazon now for 35ish.

simdevanma LED Automobile...

Are these plug and play with the stock connectors for the fog lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Are these plug and play with the stock connectors for the fog lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I plugged them in, put them in the hole and turned them on. No muss, no fuss.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I'm choosing between high and low why don't they just give you a high and low together and does it matter which one you choose and what's the difference

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
When I'm choosing between high and low why don't they just give you a high and low together and does it matter which one you choose and what's the difference
It doesn’t matter. We use a single bulb for our high/low beams

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
No difference really. The bulb is the same for both high and low. If you guy one bulb, that's all you need. The ones on there that say high and low are actually special HIDs that have actuators in them to move the position of the HID bulb. For example my first car, a Ford ZX2, only had one bulb. When you hit the high, it made that bulb Brighter. Maybe a second filament or something. That is what they are offering, and you do not need that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No difference really. The bulb is the same for both high and low. If you guy one bulb, that's all you need. The ones on there that say high and low are actually special HIDs that have actuators in them to move the position of the HID bulb. For example my first car, a Ford ZX2, only had one bulb. When you hit the high, it made that bulb Brighter. Maybe a second filament or something. That is what they are offering, and you do not need that.
That's what it ask me though when I type in my car type which it's a 2016 dodge dart sxt

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
That's what it ask me though when I type in my car type which it's a 2016 dodge dart sxt
Honestly don't worry about the kit by car. Just go to HID KIT BY BULB SIZE - 9005 HID KIT - Xenon-Vision and then follow the instructions on the first page of this post where it says what options you need (canbus 35w ballast) and don't forget to use the promo code dodge-dart before submitting the order. It should be a box somewhere on the wrap up page or somewhere before it. The 2013-2015 used a 9012 but yours uses a 9005. All other options should be the same. I am not sure if they properly have the 16s updated, so I would just order it straight as a 9005 to be safe. I also recommend the 5000k color.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honestly don't worry about the kit by car. Just go to HID KIT BY BULB SIZE - 9005 HID KIT - Xenon-Vision and then follow the instructions on the first page of this post where it says what options you need (canbus 35w ballast) and don't forget to use the promo code dodge-dart before submitting the order. It should be a box somewhere on the wrap up page or somewhere before it. The 2013-2015 used a 9012 but yours uses a 9005. All other options should be the same. I am not sure if they properly have the 16s updated, so I would just order it straight as a 9005 to be safe. I also recommend the 5000k color.
Thank you buddy

·
Registered
7 Posts

Sooo much better

81 - 99 of 99 Posts