Dodge Dart Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
my TRS morimoto kit just died and I'm looking to replace it with the xenon vision. I've seen the question asked but I haven't seen it answered. Do these throw errors in the cold or are they 100% error free? @Cntrollerfanboy the dart you installed them in has had them a while. What's your long term review of them? I know it wasn't your personal dart but I'm curious to know how it is a year and a half later. I'm planning on getting 6000k bulbs for these as they should match my LED fogs.

Reactions: McLabia

·
Super Moderator
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
my TRS morimoto kit just died and I'm looking to replace it with the xenon vision. I've seen the question asked but I haven't seen it answered. Do these throw errors in the cold or are they 100% error free? @Cntrollerfanboy the dart you installed them in has had them a while. What's your long term review of them? I know it wasn't your personal dart but I'm curious to know how it is a year and a half later. I'm planning on getting 6000k bulbs for these as they should match my LED fogs.
Josh,

To my knowledge these have not thrown any errors at all since install! A few others have followed that path, and I have not once heard a report of errors, even in the winter months here in Ohio. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
No errors for me. Works like it should.

Reactions: McLabia and josh16

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Do you have your lights flashing when locking the door turned off? I been wanting to put a pair of these in but locking the door the lights flash and i know that HID's shouldn't be toggled that fast.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Do you have your lights flashing when locking the door turned off? I been wanting to put a pair of these in but locking the door the lights flash and i know that HID's shouldn't be toggled that fast.
For locking the doors it’s just the DRL/Turn signal bulb that flashes. There is the option to have the headlights turn on when you unlock the car but I turned that off after I installed my HIDs for that same reason

Reactions: Bullfrog

·
Super Moderator
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
As Josh said, it's just the turn signals. The "headlights on approach" is when the headlights come on during onlock, but they stay on for maybe 30 seconds to a minute. This is not an ideal situation for HIDs, as when you get in the car, and then turn it on. The lights will turn back off unless you turned the headlights on before starting. I had the Uconnect 200 radio in my first dart and that is what I did to get around it. Just let them turn on, and when i got in the car I just flipped the lights to ON really quick so they never shut off. During the day I would just let them shut off because I was not going to turn them back on.

So it's not entirely necessary for you to go to the dealer and have them turn of the "headlights on approach" or get the ALFA app to do it yourself, but you can turn it off that way (since i know you don't have touch screen).

·
Registered
61 Posts

Looking at getting this, only worry is the cold. Has anyone had a problem yet, now that its winter again. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Looking at getting this, only worry is the cold. Has anyone had a problem yet, now that its winter again. Thanks!
Zero issues. I’m in Canada and I’ve had it installed since June without issue. I’d highly recommend it. It’s much better than the TRS kit I had. That had constant issues once the temperature got below 0c

·
Registered
294 Posts
Weeeeeeelllllll, I finally took the plunge and ordered these. I replaced my fogs with some cheap LED's and it really showed me how bad the OE halogens are. Hopefully I enjoy these, and I did go for the bright white 5k's.

Reactions: Cntrollerfanboy

·
Super Moderator
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Zero issues. I’m in Canada and I’ve had it installed since June without issue. I’d highly recommend it. It’s much better than the TRS kit I had. That had constant issues once the temperature got below 0c
While I would agree that this kit is better in resolving the error over TRS, I still think the overall build quality and customer service is the best out of any lighting company on the market. It's just unmatched. TRS I guess has a Mopar kit that is supposed to silence the error, but I did an initial test on it when the resistor packs were invented for it, and I did not have the best luck. Could have been early build issues, or who knows maybe I had it setup wrong. lol However the price was well over $200 due to all the extra components.

This kit at the time of review was perfect and worked as intended. Which is why I still recommend it for this car. For any other platform I would still recommend TRS. :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
While I would agree that this kit is better in resolving the error over TRS, I still think the overall build quality and customer service is the best out of any lighting company on the market. It's just unmatched. TRS I guess has a Mopar kit that is supposed to silence the error, but I did an initial test on it when the resistor packs were invented for it, and I did not have the best luck. Could have been early build issues, or who knows maybe I had it setup wrong. lol However the price was well over $200 due to all the extra components.

This kit at the time of review was perfect and worked as intended. Which is why I still recommend it for this car. For any other platform I would still recommend TRS. :)
I do think the TRS kit was slightly brighter than the Xenon vision one but the error messages was the main reason I switched. I had terrible luck with TRS in the 2 years I had their kit I had a ballast, amp igniter and bulb replaced under warranty. Being in Canada I had to pay for the shipping each time.

The only TRS product that I don’t recommend is the 2stroke LED headlights. I went through 4 replacements in the span of 8 months for my fog lights. Literally every 2 months it would go out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I purchased the Xenon's a few months ago based on the original recommendations in this thread, and have been pretty pleased with everything. The output from the OE headlights and fogs IMO are almost dangerous at night in my 14' GT . The upgrade made it very close to the stock HID's in my Charger and Durango with color temperature and light output. In fact I was so happy with them, I purchased their reverse lights which increased visibility fairly well even with my vinyl tinted taillights. My wife is impressed how well the headlights work over the OE as well. She never cares much about my mods, but this one she approves of LOL!

I can't say the brights help much more over normal operation, but I don't use my brights in any vehicle anyway. I did have a couple of problems mounting the controllers in the engine bay as they slid around initially. But with a trip Lowes, I secured them with some double sided 3m tape and zip ties, no sliding around now.

I installed these back in October of last year, and they have been holding up great. The last few days we gotten quite cold for us here, actual temps have been in the -20's, with winchills near -50. Headlights had zero issues in the extreme cold, and it sits outside all the time and not parked in the garage like the other two are.

For anyone still looking around, I hope my experience with these have helped a little.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve read through and just wanna be sure... I’ve got a ‘13 SXT, I’d need the 35W CanBus setup, correct? Only doing my low beams for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve read through and just wanna be sure... I’ve got a ‘13 SXT, I’d need the 35W CanBus setup, correct? Only doing my low beams for now.

Yes, that would be the right one.

Here is a cut and paste from my order:

35W AC Canbus HID Conversion Kit - 4th Gen*
(Color: 5000K - Bright White, Bulb Size: 9012)*

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I do think the TRS kit was slightly brighter than the Xenon vision one but the error messages was the main reason I switched. I had terrible luck with TRS in the 2 years I had their kit I had a ballast, amp igniter and bulb replaced under warranty. Being in Canada I had to pay for the shipping each time.

The only TRS product that I don’t recommend is the 2stroke LED headlights. I went through 4 replacements in the span of 8 months for my fog lights. Literally every 2 months it would go out.
Yikes I had the original LED headlights and they did die on my. I don't think it was the 2 Stroke. However, I upgraded to the 2 Stroke v1 and I actually have not had any issues. I too use them in my fogs. That sucks for the Canadian shipping costs though. After all those replacements, I would tell them give me a refund or start paying for my shipping.

Low beams and high beams are the same, if you were not sure. But of course you might have fogs as well, but just wanted to clarify that.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Annoyed right now with these lights. They're just not working at all. I'll be contacting @Xenon-Vision tomorrow to see what the next step is...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Annoyed as fuck right now with these lights. They're just not working at all. I'll be contacting @xenonvision tomorrow to see what the next step is...

If you haven’t already done so try plugging the stock plug in the opposite way. There’s not really a marking on it and it can plug in both ways. If you tried that and it doesn’t work I remember in a previous thread I read they had an issue with the 9005 connector with the 2016s. I’m not sure if they corrected it in later kits

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you haven’t already done so try plugging the stock plug in the opposite way. There’s not really a marking on it and it can plug in both ways. If you tried that and it doesn’t work I remember in a previous thread I read they had an issue with the 9005 connector with the 2016s. I’m not sure if they corrected it in later kits
Tried every possible configuration, they're just not working. On top of that, one of the sides, the connectors fall out of the plug, and the ballasts are bowed and not sealed. It's a qc issue, I'm not mad yet, but I am disappointed. At least my dust covers are drilled out already.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yep, these lights are awesome. Thank you Xenon Vision for the quick fix. Add another one to the pile of satisfied people. 5k 55 watt kicking the crap out of darkness.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts