Dodge Dart Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not yet. The weather hasn't been cooperating with me to actually be outside and fussing with this. I'm glad I'm not the only one having the issue with the 2016 model. I need to go get a file or something and start working on it this weekend.
I agree. I thank you and another dart member for continuing this quest. I am so baffled by this because I checked our orders for the same kit on other vehicles and have not had any problems. I am looking for a 2016 dart that is willing to come to our warehouse. If anyone knows anyone that is interested please tag them. We are located in San Dimas, CA which is about 40 minutes away from Los Angeles. It is the 2016 dart vs Xenon-Vision 9005 Kit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
UPDATE:

I got the lights working fine. The issue was the 9005 connector. I'd like to thank you guys for the help and shout out to Will from Xenon Vision for everything and for sending the special connectors quickly. Looking forward to actually seeing how these things are at night.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, I need some troubleshooting help. @Xenon-Vision

I ordered a kit for my 2015 Dart last week and got the install done over the weekend. It worked great the first night. Then the second night the left side wouldn't light and I got a bulb out warning. The next morning they both worked fine, but again that night the left side wouldn't fire. So, I swapped the ballasts from left to right and they both worked that night. This morning they both worked, but I sat parked in the car with it idling waiting on a friend and after about 10-15 minutes I got the bulb out error on the left side again.

Since I swapped ballasts, could it be the bulb on the left side? Or is there something else going on? When I get the bulb out error and check the power LED on the plug for the ballast it is not lit, but I'm assuming that's because the car stops sending power to the light when it decides that it's out. Am I wrong on that?

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So, I need some troubleshooting help. @Xenon-Vision

I ordered a kit for my 2015 Dart last week and got the install done over the weekend. It worked great the first night. Then the second night the left side wouldn't light and I got a bulb out warning. The next morning they both worked fine, but again that night the left side wouldn't fire. So, I swapped the ballasts from left to right and they both worked that night. This morning they both worked, but I sat parked in the car with it idling waiting on a friend and after about 10-15 minutes I got the bulb out error on the left side again.

Since I swapped ballasts, could it be the bulb on the left side? Or is there something else going on? When I get the bulb out error and check the power LED on the plug for the ballast it is not lit, but I'm assuming that's because the car stops sending power to the light when it decides that it's out. Am I wrong on that?
No the car will show the error but does not stop sending power. Something seems to be off with the left side. Have you tried swapping the bulbs as well? I think that should be the last step to isolate the issue to this. Because if you do that, and then the left side still does not fire, then it has to be something else. Then all of the left components are on the right and working properly, and all the right components that were on the right (and working) are on the left and now having issues. At that point it might even be an issue with the connector or wiring causing it to drop the power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No the car will show the error but does not stop sending power. Something seems to be off with the left side. Have you tried swapping the bulbs as well? I think that should be the last step to isolate the issue to this. Because if you do that, and then the left side still does not fire, then it has to be something else. Then all of the left components are on the right and working properly, and all the right components that were on the right (and working) are on the left and now having issues. At that point it might even be an issue with the connector or wiring causing it to drop the power.
I'm going to check the connector at the bulb and/or swap the bulbs this evening. I just got in the car to get lunch and the left side was still showing out even without attempting to turn the lights on.

Update:

Figured it out. When I went to check the blue plug next to the bulb end, one of the pins had backed out of it. Popped it back in and gave it a tug to make sure it was set in place and buttoned everything back up and it works!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Has anyone installed these in a factory HID bezel?

Going to buy 5000k fogs, and I don't want them to be brighter/bluer than the OEM 4300k headlights... and I don't want to loose the spread I have with my OEM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gotta say Cntrollerfanboy... Thank you very much for the very detailed information regarding mostly lighting (in my case). I just recently purchased these. I searched all over for LED upgrading for my Dart and nearly everything I found you were at the forefront of knowledge (and error message fixes!), just wanted to drop by and say thank you! Also thank you to Xenon Vision for the wonderful support, can't wait to install my 5000k HID's!

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Has anyone installed these in a factory HID bezel?

Going to buy 5000k fogs, and I don't want them to be brighter/bluer than the OEM 4300k headlights... and I don't want to loose the spread I have with my OEM
I ended up buying the D3S HID bulbs from TheRetrofitSource for my car, because it too is stock HIDs. I got the 5500k and it's a a perfect cool white look. Personally my taste and look, but not everyone. I disliked the stock 4300k. Too yellow at different angles and didn't match my LED turn signals very well. Here is the link if that interests you or you ever need to replace yours HERE

I got these as 6000k I think, and they do have a hint of blue and not over powering. I think the 4300k should work well for your application.

Gotta say Cntrollerfanboy... Thank you very much for the very detailed information regarding mostly lighting (in my case). I just recently purchased these. I searched all over for LED upgrading for my Dart and nearly everything I found you were at the forefront of knowledge (and error message fixes!), just wanted to drop by and say thank you! Also thank you to Xenon Vision for the wonderful support, can't wait to install my 5000k HID's!
Not a problem! There is a small * looking button on the bottom left corner of each post. That is for our reputation system. If you see anything that really helps you and or the community out, that is what that button is for!

I am a lighting guy. Being an engineer, the electronics amuse me, and this car has been a nightmare for solving simple electronic issues. Like adding LEDs, etc. It was my skill set and interest in this field that helped push me to figure this stuff out and help others.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I ended up buying the D3S HID bulbs from TheRetrofitSource for my car, because it too is stock HIDs. I got the 5500k and it's a a perfect cool white look. Personally my taste and look, but not everyone. I disliked the stock 4300k. Too yellow at different angles and didn't match my LED turn signals very well. Here is the link if that interests you or you ever need to replace yours HERE

I got these as 6000k I think, and they do have a hint of blue and not over powering. I think the 4300k should work well for your application.
Ahh, so the D3S is the specific bulb for OEM HID replacement? I'll probably get the 5500k. Do you by any chance have a picture of the spread w/ the 5500k?

Thanks,

RC

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was ready to pull the trigger on Xenon-Visions products but decided to email a question....

[TABLE="width: 955"][TR][TD="colspan: 2"]Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing the following for my 13' Dodge Dart:

- Dodge 5000K HID Conversion Kit - Bright White
- H11 7.5W PLASMA LED FOG / DRL - HIGH POWER

My question is, how well do they compliment each other? Is one whiter than the other?[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

We already know that our H11 fogs are not CANbus. Here is the Xenon-Vision response...

Hello,

For the 2013 Dodge Dart, you will need to purchase the canbus HID Kit to prevent error code. The standard HID kit will give you error codes and the same goes for the foglight. It is best if you choose the canbus HID Kit for headlight and foglight so there is no error code for both and the color will also match each other. I have provided the link below to the kits you need along with the bulb size. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

https://www.xenonvisionhid.com/35w-canbus-hid-conversion-kit/

Low Beam Size: 9012 / Fog Light Size: H11
Regards,
Phuoc To

I was ready to place an order but now I'm leery about it. Is this some sort of upsale or have our H11 fogs somehow automagically changed to CANbus? Can anyone shine some light on this response and or my questions?

Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I was ready to pull the trigger on Xenon-Visions products but decided to email a question....

[TABLE="width: 955"][TR][TD="colspan: 2"]Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing the following for my 13' Dodge Dart:

- Dodge 5000K HID Conversion Kit - Bright White
- H11 7.5W PLASMA LED FOG / DRL - HIGH POWER

My question is, how well do they compliment each other? Is one whiter than the other?[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

We already know that our H11 fogs are not CANbus. Here is the Xenon-Vision response...

Hello,

For the 2013 Dodge Dart, you will need to purchase the canbus HID Kit to prevent error code. The standard HID kit will give you error codes and the same goes for the foglight. It is best if you choose the canbus HID Kit for headlight and foglight so there is no error code for both and the color will also match each other. I have provided the link below to the kits you need along with the bulb size. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

https://www.xenonvisionhid.com/35w-canbus-hid-conversion-kit/

Low Beam Size: 9012 / Fog Light Size: H11
Regards,
Phuoc To

I was ready to place an order but now I'm leery about it. Is this some sort of upsale or have our H11 fogs somehow automagically changed to CANbus? Can anyone shine some light on this response and or my questions?

Many thanks
They probably are just covering their bases. The headlights DO need the canbus. This is true. The foglights are not canbus. You can get any regular kit for it, but it might be safe to get a relay harness for the fogs. The headlights should be plug and play.

I am not sure, but the discount code of dodge-dart might still work for 20% off. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ok, after 4 attempts at installation I finally got them in and working. VERY impressive and amazing how much more you can see. Any reflective items on the road bloom like spotlights. The cutoff is perfect and the highbeams are incredible. I got the 55 watt canbus kit with the 5000k lamps.

Only one issue that I might have is that the right headlamp does not seem to light up much of the right side of the road whereas the left side does a great job. Also the right side appears just a little lower. Is it my imagination or am I on to something?

I know. I need to get pics.

Thanks @Cntrollerfanboy for the write up!

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ok, after 4 attempts at installation I finally got them in and working. VERY impressive and amazing how much more you can see. Any reflective items on the road bloom like spotlights. The cutoff is perfect and the highbeams are incredible. I got the 55 watt canbus kit with the 5000k lamps.

Only one issue that I might have is that the right headlamp does not seem to light up much of the right side of the road whereas the left side does a great job. Also the right side appears just a little lower. Is it my imagination or am I on to something?

I know. I need to get pics.

Thanks @Cntrollerfanboy for the write up!
It's possible that your right bulb is not seated properly. That would be my first guess. Trust me I know, it FEELs like it's in there, but it's not. Sometimes only 2 out of 3 of the locking fins go in, and it sort of jams itself in. So yes, it's IN, and might be a pain to get back out, but that would be my first guess as to why the light seems off. Take the bulb out and try and play around with it again. When it locks in, there should be a nice smooth turning action when you find where it needs to seat. If that is not the issue, it's possible your passenger side light is out of adjustment, and you can use allen heads to adjust them back up onto of the the headlight assembly.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It's possible that your right bulb is not seated properly. That would be my first guess. Trust me I know, it FEELs like it's in there, but it's not. Sometimes only 2 out of 3 of the locking fins go in, and it sort of jams itself in. So yes, it's IN, and might be a pain to get back out, but that would be my first guess as to why the light seems off. Take the bulb out and try and play around with it again. When it locks in, there should be a nice smooth turning action when you find where it needs to seat. If that is not the issue, it's possible your passenger side light is out of adjustment, and you can use allen heads to adjust them back up onto of the the headlight assembly.
I had the chance to find a solid wall to check out the headlight alignment. Both lamps are level from a vertical standpoint. I checked how well the bulb seated into the socket and there was a nice smooth turning action until it seated so I think I'm OK there. Perhaps I only need a horizontal adjustment to get the right headlight to shine more on the right hand side.

Thanks so much again. This upgrade is phenomenal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2014 Dart GT and want to get a Xenon-Vision Kit but have a few questions. Should I get the 55w Canbus ballast type or the 35w Canbus ballast? Just to be sure, the Headlamps are 9012 and the fogs are h11? And the 2014 GT already has a projector style housing so I shouldn't need to buy new housings right? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Also wanted to know if I can get away with the non canbus ballast for the fogs?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have a 2014 Dart GT and want to get a Xenon-Vision Kit but have a few questions. Should I get the 55w Canbus ballast type or the 35w Canbus ballast? Just to be sure, the Headlamps are 9012 and the fogs are h11? And the 2014 GT already has a projector style housing so I shouldn't need to buy new housings right? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Also wanted to know if I can get away with the non canbus ballast for the fogs?
Get the 35w canbus for the headlights (9012). The fogs are h11 and not monitored by the canbus system so a canbus ballast is not required. For these kits you don’t need new projectors

41 - 60 of 99 Posts