Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to improve the performance of your Dart? The AutoFlash is a great stand alone solution to improve your vehicle's performance, but also works extremely well in addition to an ECU tune/ Piggy Back Box. Take a look at the product listing for more info about the AutoFlash.

The AutoFlash is available for all of the Dart models, so make sure to check out the product listing below
Search - Autoflash Online Store - DART Parts and Accessories

If you have any more questions about the MADNESS Autoflash or any other product we sell, feel free to give us a call and one of our Sales Team Members will assist you!

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
How does this compare to Tuners or aftermarket ECUs? I'm completely new to this.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
How does this compare to Tuners or aftermarket ECUs? I'm completely new to this.
check out this thread here - http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-2-4l-tigershark/30585-madness-autoflash.html that should shed some light on the topic and product. If you have an 6F24 Hyundai Powertech or a DDCT, I could see some benefit as this is a strict TCU (transmission control unit) tune and not an ECU flash tune. As stated in the first sentence link, Madness will even tell you that you will see more in an automatic transmission than manual.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
They say that a manual trans clutch wears out faster due to slipping and slow shifting. A faster shift puts less stress on the clutch. So does the same logic apply to auto's?

I would be interested in this product because it says it increases the life of the transmission. My concern is that the Powertech already chirps the 1-2 shift AND every now and then the 2-3 shift. This isn't putting stress on the trans because it's a fast, clean shift correct?

However, the Dart GT with Powertech never goes into 2nd gear while slowing down. It always stays in 3rd gear unless you go less than 3mph. So a lot of times you are in 3rd gear and when you proceed to hit the gas again it revs up on what I assume is the torque converter. Is this bad for the auto trans?

(I know my motor mounts are taking the impact pretty bad. Those will be replaced soon.)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
They say that a manual trans clutch wears out faster due to slipping and slow shifting. A faster shift puts less stress on the clutch. So does the same logic apply to auto's?

I would be interested in this product because it says it increases the life of the transmission. My concern is that the Powertech already chirps the 1-2 shift AND every now and then the 2-3 shift. This isn't putting stress on the trans because it's a fast, clean shift correct?

However, the Dart GT with Powertech never goes into 2nd gear while slowing down. It always stays in 3rd gear unless you go less than 3mph. So a lot of times you are in 3rd gear and when you proceed to hit the gas again it revs up on what I assume is the torque converter. Is this bad for the auto trans?

(I know my motor mounts are taking the impact pretty bad. Those will be replaced soon.)
Yes, the same logic does apply in an auto in regards to wear, whether a traditional automatic or a DDCT. Even traditional automatics have clutches inside them.

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks like most of the questions and concerns have been answered, but if you have any other questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us!

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's what a recent AutoFlash user has to say about the AutoFlash:

"Overall, I’m impressed. The vehicle shifts a lot smoother and holds RPMs much better. It is true that this tune required a little bit of breaking in. It was only moderately noticeable after the drive home but after driving to work the next day you can really notice the difference in how the transmission functions. I would say the change of performance is best characterized by giving your vehicle a Red Bull – or like energy drink. It’s just peppier and drives a lot smoother. It almost feels like the 0-60 time is faster than it used to be. If this is only a TCM tune I can’t imagine what a full ECU tune would be like."

If you still have any questions about the AutoFlash, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we will explain it better.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
Here's what a recent AutoFlash user has to say about the AutoFlash:

"Overall, I’m impressed. The vehicle shifts a lot smoother and holds RPMs much better. It is true that this tune required a little bit of breaking in. It was only moderately noticeable after the drive home but after driving to work the next day you can really notice the difference in how the transmission functions. I would say the change of performance is best characterized by giving your vehicle a Red Bull – or like energy drink. It’s just peppier and drives a lot smoother. It almost feels like the 0-60 time is faster than it used to be. If this is only a TCM tune I can’t imagine what a full ECU tune would be like."

If you still have any questions about the AutoFlash, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we will explain it better.
Was this a DDCT or 6F24 Powertech transmission this review was based on?

·
Registered
946 Posts
It looks like most of the questions and concerns have been answered, but if you have any other questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us!
I know that the usage is intended for stock applications, but would you suppose it would be beneficial in higher torque applications? I'm currently set back to 215 WT due to problems at torque higher than 220. I'm basically looking for a short term solution to extend the life of my transmission until I can bulletproof.

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know that the usage is intended for stock applications, but would you suppose it would be beneficial in higher torque applications? I'm currently set back to 215 WT due to problems at torque higher than 220. I'm basically looking for a short term solution to extend the life of my transmission until I can bulletproof.
There's really no specific usage for the AutoFlash, it would go well with a stock car and any other power adding mods out there. The AutoFlash would certainly help extend the life of your transmission by a bit, but at this point it sounds like you're at the limits. The torque limiters for 1st gear are still at factory spec, that way we do not end up putting more stress on the transmission

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The AutoFlash is a great standalone and add on solution to any other modification out there The idea of the AutoFlash is to not only increase shift speed but to increase torque limitations throughout the gearing (except for 1st and reverse gears as we leave these at factory spec for safety) which in turn changes the speed of a shift.

We have an AutoFlash for every dart model, so make sure to check out the link below!
Search - autoflash Online Store - DART Parts and Accessories

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you ever take your Dart to a dealer for service or software update and they overwrite the AutoFlash, simply re-install it just as you did during the first installation. You can do this as many times as needed to your vehicle.

You can learn more about the AutoFlash here or simply give us a call at 562-981-6800

·
Registered
946 Posts
Update: I finally broke down and got the unit and installed it middle of last week. I noticed the shifting seemed a bit firmer, and it seemed to hold gears a bit stronger. That was ok. The last couple of days however, The roads here in Seattle have been a little damp in the mornings on my way to work, and a couple of times I've found my tires breaking loose when I downshifted to third on the e-way doing 65... I might even be able to add a pound or two. Holy Cow! Big difference with a boosted 2.4L after a couple of days!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts