Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody!

After a long hiatus from the .ORG I have made my way back!

A lot has happened since I've been gone and I have much more to offer to the dart community now than I previously did.

I now work for a company called Multiair Tuning & Development, which as the name suggests, creates tunes and parts for the 1.4T multiair engine! With that being said, I am not trying to sell anything (mods) I am simply letting you all know that I have a wealth of knowledge on this platform now and am willing to help out in any way I can!

I will be trying to create a vendor profile for MTD so we can work with potential customers here as well as on Facebook where we are primarily located currently.

Now, back to my dart...

In the time that I have been gone, both myself and a close friend of mine (Yodamusic) were both the first Darts to be tuned and worked on by MTD. Yoda did the BIG build with all the parts and pieces that were needed and I did the smaller and average builds that are normally done to these cars.

At the beginning, we did a standard full bolt on build (intake, exhaust, stock turbo, FMIC, piping, DV upgrade) with a "stage 2" tune file and saw a SAFE dyno result of 205WHP/235WTQ.

Then we moved on and worked with a larger hybrid GTX1446 turbo custom built by a company called Evolution Turbo in Italy (picture is my avatar) along with E85 injectors and a "stage 3" tune file... The result was an again SAFE dyno result of 240WHP/230WTQ. (this one ran a little rich so dropped the torque a little)

All the while I was working on my builds, Yodamusic was working on his...

There has been no proof, we have found, that there is a stronger dart in the world... Then after this video was created, we went back to it and put a LARGER turbo in and are currently working on the tune to create the first 400WHP dart IN THE WORLD!!!

So please, use my knowledge as your own! Ask away with questions! I am back to help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Excellent news! Those are nice numbers.. Very exciting to see some new big developments for the 1.4t Dart. I haven't been able to drive or mod mine in the last 3 months, but cannot wait to start modding again soon.

·
Registered
259 Posts
400 hp........How will the stock transmission and drive line hold up to that much torque and power?

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
400 hp........How will the stock transmission and drive line hold up to that much torque and power?
The stock trans is fine, however a new stronger clutch would be required!

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart 1.4T Limited MTX
43 Posts
That's some cool stuff. I'd love to get my dart to 200ish HP but I care most about torque and it looks like you guys were able to bump it up a great deal! I see some ECUs were swapped. One of the biggest arguments I've seen about all the darts is tuning the ECU. Are the stock ECUs tuneable or do they need to be wiped/replaced? (I don't know much about tuning)

The most I've done with my dart is upgraded mounts, CDV delete and clutchmasters aluminum flywheel + FX100 clutch. The prior owner installed a CAI, cut off the exhaust after the downpipe (it's loud lol), and put on 16" tires. The lighter flywheel (7ish lbs less) seems like it helps at mid-to-high RPMs but I don't really have a comparison as my old clutch was going out. I did it mainly for reliability over performance gains since the DMF was known for breaking. I've always gone with the idea that less weight on the drivetrain means freeing up HP so I went with it! Any insight on that would be awesome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts