Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this subject is worthy of a separate title.
Because it doesn't really fit in to "Derailers Anon", "Conspiracy", "Cars As Buddies", etc.
I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but, I have been a life long Daydreamer . Mostly of things and lifestyles I could never afford.
Kind of like the TV show "How Lottery Changed My Life" .

However, I am smart enough to know that I probably wouldn't be alive if I had gotten all the things I dreamed of as a young man. I have been blessed with the true riches that might be hard to see by the casual observer. But I have had 63 years of a Love filled (though highly challenging) simple American life.

But..... :eek:....... to this day, I still drift off into goofball daydreams of what I'd do with a large Pot-O-Money ! I think I'm just wired that way. It's not so much that the Grass Is Always Greener, but, it is perhaps a case of not experiencing the grass, in favor of the weeds,rocks,and less "everyday" experiences that would only be possible via stupid big levels of burnable means.

First Up : (aside from the usual stable of fine motor cars to select from on a daily basis)

The private property back yard by invitation only Outdoor Drive In Movie recreation . :music:

I know for a fact that all the hardware can be had to make this realistic. Right down to the Speaker Poles that one hangs on the car window. I've seen them at Car Fanatic Flea Markets.
* The screen can be fashioned from whatever suitable silver screen material you can build. My area still has One drive-in and the screens are nothing special. In fact, they're kind of crappy. They look like panels of aluminum siding pieced together. Years ago the screens were refinished every season and coated with a quality outdoor surfacing material.

*Today's digital projectors are top notch. So, the image would actually be better than the film machines of yore. But of course, it would be nice to find an old projector and some actual print films.
How cool to operate two machines and change the reel at the burn mark?
*Premade , wrapped up hamburgers & hot dogs in a cinder-block concession stand of course.
*Swings for the kids ! Although people of parenting age would probably choose to stay away .......
*Clint Eastwood spaghetti Westerns featured on Holidays. (even though I've lost respect for the actual Clint E.)
*At least one showing of both 1969's Woodstock docu-movie and Kubrick's 2001 ASO back to back once a month from May to end of Sept.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If I had money....

I'd probably be one of those Bugatti owners (except I'd still care less about one) with an average of 46 cars....except I'd have a collection of frankencars which are only shadows of their former selves! What's original to this dart? The paint....

I'd probably also own a few acres of land because why not? And I too would have an outdoor theatre with both digital and reel projectors. My wife doesn't understand why I want a CRT in the spare room for retro gaming and probably wouldn't understand the older projector either.

I can't think of much else though. Also I'm told by some friends who work for Clint directly that he's a pretty awesome dude. I don't know why you wouldn't have respect for him, but also I don't pay attention to Hollywood media.

·
Registered
712 Posts
First thing firs i'd buy myself a race car ride in some series be it imsa, nascar, trans am or indy car. After that i'd have a shit ton of average cars with no "hyper cars" like a lot of people like. After that everything else would be pretty plain tbh

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
At my age, if i suddenly had gobs of money, I would give it all away to my favorite charities. There is really nothing I need and I don't owe any money. I can't take anything with me when I'm dead so why try?

·
Registered
306 Posts
At my age, if i suddenly had gobs of money, I would give it all away to my favorite charities. There is really nothing I need and I don't owe any money. I can't take anything with me when I'm dead so why try?
Arg! I read your post and felt like a total selfish ***-hole!

That is really outstanding of you to think about charities which includes people you don't even know in your donation. I pray to god and I'm not even a believer that you win the lottery!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Restore my 1977 Chevy PU, and my 2000 Chevy Blazer. Buy the house I'm living in from my landlord, tear it down, and build a house . I'd then build a shop with a lift installed so I can work on my three rigs. All of this after I retire of course.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I had money....

I'd probably be one of those Bugatti owners (except I'd still care less about one) with an average of 46 cars....except I'd have a collection of frankencars which are only shadows of their former selves! What's original to this dart? The paint....

I'd probably also own a few acres of land because why not? And I too would have an outdoor theatre with both digital and reel projectors. My wife doesn't understand why I want a CRT in the spare room for retro gaming and probably wouldn't understand the older projector either.

I can't think of much else though. Also I'm told by some friends who work for Clint directly that he's a pretty awesome dude. I don't know why you wouldn't have respect for him, but also I don't pay attention to Hollywood media.
Well, since Politics are banned, I can't comment on Clint. :eek:
But to be fair, in most instances, celebrities of many walks of life are just internally damaged. Some are born that way, get that way, or just need to see the difference between themselves and the real world.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes... charities are important. Imagine if the uber wealthy contributed more than they do - alot more - to all causes....... Like the way all the frogs came out of the pond to donate so much to the rebuilding of the Notre Dame church in France. It's a building, for heaven's sake. They get all shook up over graven images and physical structures.
My first big donation would be to the SPCA's and other related institutions for the care and protection of domesticated animals and a few wildlife causes . It would be money well spent and highly effective. The results are easily seen and not hidden as they are when it comes to Human causes. Except for the causes related to the quality of Human life projects. Like population control and bettering of the environment.
A huge Cat and Dog facility would be a #1 goal.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I would buy one of the hunting lodges for sale that I frequently see listed. For about 6 million I can get 3,000 acres in Michigan with rivers and lakes. That's 5 square miles to do whatever you want. Then I would get a group of about 50 like minded individuals to come live on the property and be free from the shackles of society. Totally self sustainable.

Hyper cars are fun to look at but not very practical based on the amount of money you have to spend. A few $100k vehicles in my garage and I would be more than happy.

Here are a few examples.

3000 acres, 100 year old clubhouse with professional kitchen and multiple bed and bathrooms. And of course, bald eagles living on the property, AMERICA! 6 million.
https://listings.listhub.net/pages/NMIMLS/453411/?channel=secondspace

2280 acres, 4500 sqft house, 2 large lakes. 9 million
https://www.thedoubleeagleranch.com/

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would buy one of the hunting lodges for sale that I frequently see listed. For about 6 million I can get 3,000 acres in Michigan with rivers and lakes. That's 5 square miles to do whatever you want. Then I would get a group of about 50 like minded individuals to come live on the property and be free from the shackles of society. Totally self sustainable.

Hyper cars are fun to look at but not very practical based on the amount of money you have to spend. A few $100k vehicles in my garage and I would be more than happy.

Here are a few examples.

3000 acres, 100 year old clubhouse with professional kitchen and multiple bed and bathrooms. And of course, bald eagles living on the property, AMERICA! 6 million.
https://listings.listhub.net/pages/NMIMLS/453411/?channel=secondspace

2280 acres, 4500 sqft house, 2 large lakes. 9 million
https://www.thedoubleeagleranch.com/
Kool Beans ....... I'd like to mix some Poppies in between the other herbal remedies planted on the acreages .... I would be proud to be Chief Medicine Man . All things ...Great and Small ......

·
Registered
645 Posts
Maybe this is an "Old Mans Game". I do it on occasion also. My brother have a thing where we choose the top 25 cars we would buy if cost and appreciation/depreciation were not considered. So I have an ever modifiable list of cars.

Before that though, I'd pay my tithing and match that amount for charitable donations.
Then, I'd get rid of my debt, buy conservative homes for each of my children and take care of their debts as well so they can focus on being parents to my grandchildren not slaves to mortgage payments.

I'd buy my wife a Ram 1500 with an automatic and a V-6, as well as a Tesla. That's what she wants.

Then I'd buy a really nice motor home and just drive around the country till I was bored. I want to sit in the Shenandoah Valley and watch the leaves turn colors.

·
Registered
650 Posts
...I'd have homes on the Chesapeake, Palm Beach (with immediate private ocean and inter coastal access ), Santa Barbara, ST. John USVI and Monaco. My first 3 car purchases would be an original AC Cobra, 69 Charger and an Alfa Romeo Giullia Quad. Car shopping would be extremely fun with Ferrari, Mercedes, Aston, Porsche and Jaguar in mind first. I'd travel the F1 circuit as a fan for fun and throw big parties for Grand Prix at Monaco since it would be at one of my homes. I'd have to buddy up somehow with Lewis Hamilton. I'd travel to some GT series and NASCAR events as well. I'd have world-class home-theater in every home along with professionally maintained salt-water fish tanks. I'd go to Disneyland Tokyo. I would not fly planes or jump out of them since life would be too much fun...Oh and yes, i'd customize the living sh*t out of my Dart; slammed, tubbed, dubbed and shaved with 400hp....... just say'n

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With a boatload , I'd like to have the power to make amendments to the US Constitution. In the meanwhile, I suppose I should read the current form word for word.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Okay, I've had plenty of time to think this over. I'm def gonna go with the large land purchase, secured by proper fencing, and yet within a few miles of food and medicine. With a deluxe underground facility, just in case.
But even with a huge amount of money, I am not opting for the first big departure craft in search of an earth-like planet within a few light years. I'll stick it out here at least until Multi-Dimensional Hopping is a proven technology. With the rate of exponential surges in tech, we shouldn't be that
far off. In the meanwhile, I'll fill the stable with cars for my private mountain side track. Fully paved and one-way.
newvette.jpg

WELL ! Turns out that this "render" was pretty much spot on except that it is a convertible which hasn't been revealed yet. But they got the lines right and proportions of the coupe reveal on Thursday .....
myvette.jpg

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, I've had plenty of time to think this over. I'm def gonna go with the large land purchase, secured by proper fencing, and yet within a few miles of food and medicine. With a deluxe underground facility, just in case.
But even with a huge amount of money, I am not opting for the first big departure craft in search of an earth-like planet within a few light years. I'll stick it out here at least until Multi-Dimensional Hopping is a proven technology. With the rate of exponential surges in tech, we shouldn't be that
far off. In the meanwhile, I'll fill the stable with cars for my private mountain side track. Fully paved and one-way.
View attachment 117684

WELL ! Turns out that this "render" was pretty much spot on except that it is a convertible which hasn't been revealed yet. But they got the lines right and proportions of the coupe reveal on Thursday .....
View attachment 118022
Bump ...:)

·
Registered
873 Posts
LOL, if I had the money, I'd rebuild old muscle cars like the Firebirds, Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers on a Tesla Chassis. Re-design them with a micromill aluminum frame like the one Alcoa designed for Ford's trucks, and switch the body panels to carbon fiber, or possibly aluminum here as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
SylenThunder
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing