Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently installed a muffler on my car but i find it not to loud and i want it more louder what can i do?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mpx header and delete your rear resonator or do a catback exhaust with the header. It'll wake the dead for the first 6 months then itll quiet down... But still be a lot louder than stock.

Although the loudest is gonna be the mpx header into 2.5-3" pipe straight back with a downturn pipe tip just after it passes the rear axle. (road legal race dump.)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ive recently installed a muffler on my car but i find it not to loud and i want it more louder what can i do?
check out my build page and you can see what a cutout before the muffler sounds like on my 2.0, exhaust is completely stock

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the Summit/Heartthrob cat Back on mine and i would saw that it is decently loud. Might want to check that out if it interests you or fit what your looking for.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
HMMMMM, this is an interesting conundrum... As you have in the 2.4 you technically could use the race dump exhaust at a loss of some power, due to the fact that you would screw up the exhaust velocity and have poor operating conditions. I dont mean that there would be issues with the way the car runs... but you just wouldnt get optimal performance as the car is not boosted. At this point you need to make a decision, do you want sound or performance... It is a ratio, you can only have a little of both or one or the other... The best option I think you have is getting the aftermarket headers and then having a custom 2.5" straight system with NO resonators or mufflers. I will warn you, it WILL be LOUD!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mpx header and delete your rear resonator or do a catback exhaust with the header. It'll wake the dead for the first 6 months then itll quiet down... But still be a lot louder than stock.

Although the loudest is gonna be the mpx header into 2.5-3" pipe straight back with a downturn pipe tip just after it passes the rear axle. (road legal race dump.)
I have a 2.4 and i was thinking of getting rid of my heartthrob exhaust and doing a 2.5 inch cat back straight pipe and MPX headers
What are your thoughts on that

·
Registered
10 Posts
HMMMMM, this is an interesting conundrum... As you have in the 2.4 you technically could use the race dump exhaust at a loss of some power, due to the fact that you would screw up the exhaust velocity and have poor operating conditions. I dont mean that there would be issues with the way the car runs... but you just wouldnt get optimal performance as the car is not boosted. At this point you need to make a decision, do you want sound or performance... It is a ratio, you can only have a little of both or one or the other... The best option I think you have is getting the aftermarket headers and then having a custom 2.5" straight system with NO resonators or mufflers. I will warn you, it WILL be LOUD!
I have a 2.4 and i was thinking of getting rid of my heartthrob exhaust and doing a 2.5 inch cat back straight pipe and MPX headers
What are your thoughts on that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts