Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to Atlantic city and the car felt like it wasnt grabbing the gear anymore. I was revving the car at 6 to 7 rpms to get it off of the parkway. Tow guy said it might be the line or a seal but I'm thinking it could be the clutch kit as well with the others
Dont know what to do
Questions comments concerns?
Thanks 2013 dd sxt 1.4L Manual

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Is the clutch pedal on the floor? If not, then it likely the clutch. If it is on the floor, then it's the clutch master cylinder and or the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the clutch is on the floor. When it got pulled on the ramp it leaked the clutch fluid out
I was thinking about getting mopar clutch kit
I have parts insurance with endurance so it has to be OEM or mopar or I'll violate the terms of the contract

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
If the pedal is on the floor and fluid has leaked out you probably need the slave/tob and the clutch. Check the clutch master also.

·
Super Moderator
4,769 Posts
Yes the clutch is on the floor. When it got pulled on the ramp it leaked the clutch fluid out
I was thinking about getting mopar clutch kit
I have parts insurance with endurance so it has to be OEM or mopar or I'll violate the terms of the contract
Yeah it's probably either the master or slave. But if you're replacing the clutch, youre going to need a lot more. I believe you need to replace both the master and slave cylinders, throw out bearing, clutch, and flywheel all together from my understanding. It's a solid $1000 in parts and if you don't know how to do it yourself or that warranty doesn't cover install, then it's a pretty penny.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mechanic is charging 1100 for tr he labor if I bring all the parts itll be done ina day is that good, and he's really good for that work

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Ask if he's done a Dart before. It's not so easy. The lower ball joint stud is a real challenge and the axle nuts are staked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem last year, was driving home, passed a car then when I got to the stop sign clutch went to the floor and wouldn't come back up. Turned out that the rear mainseal went and took out the clutch. Cost me $2600 in parts and labor split about 50/50. Really frustrated that it happened on a car with less than 45k at the time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My mileage is at 102,000 and its going to the shop next week Saturday
2600 in parts that's crazy it feels like it should be something simple

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the same problem last year, was driving home, passed a car then when I got to the stop sign clutch went to the floor and wouldn't come back up. Turned out that the rear mainseal went and took out the clutch. Cost me $2600 in parts and labor split about 50/50. Really frustrated that it happened on a car with less than 45k at the time.
Where you from I'm in nyc

·
Registered
27 Posts
My mileage is at 102,000 and its going to the shop next week Saturday
2600 in parts that's crazy it feels like it should be something simple
I read it as 1300 in parts and 1300 in labor for 2600 total.
There's a lot of parts involved, a clutch isn't all that simple. Straightforward yeah, but simple, not so much

1 - 13 of 13 Posts