Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a 2014 gt with the 2.4l ans 6 speed manual i was driving for a while and the clutch started to feel weird. i got a mechanic friend to drive it and he said it felt fine so i figured it was just me being paranoid.

fast forward about a month and the car lost the clutch completely i was driving to work and when it was in gear it wouldn't move. I noticed that after about 10 mins of cool down it would drive for about a Minuit before it started slipping again. i got it home by limping it along like this.

right now the car is in my garage and when it starts i can hear some jingling from the clutch. it sounds like metal shavings.

so i know for sure the car needs a clutch replacement and im going to remove the cluutch delay valve but will i need a flywheel? and should i replace the slave cylinder while i have it apart?

oh if it matters the car has about 110000 kms and i bought it used with 80000kms. i plan on doing it in the spring and i was going to get the clutchmasters fx100 kit and if i need a new flywheel ill get a lightweight aluminum flywheel becuase they are cheaper than oem in canada

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
The slave cylinder doubles as the tob, so yes replace it while you have the trans out.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Don't forget the throw-out bearing thing too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts