Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i got my 2013 rallye 1.4L and im looking to upgrade it. i want to get it up to 220hp or up but not break the bank. Also, if yall could recommend a LED light bulb for the headlights and fog lights. thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Cdv delete, rrm lightweight pulley and polyurethane rear mount would be the first three. Less than 500 for the parts and you can do it yourself if you have the tools.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 187Flatliner

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
To get 220 HP to the crank you'll need the following:
Intake.
Intercooler pipes.
Possibly a larger intercooler.
Turbo back exhaust.
Tune.

To get 220 HP to the WHEELS, you'll need:
Stronger clutch.
Bigger turbo.
Possibly larger fuel injectors.

Supporting mods worth considering:
Polyurethane or solid transmission mount.
Oil catch can.
Lightweight crank pulley.
Lighter wheels, stickier tires.

·
Registered
247 Posts
What about an automatic. Already have tune,ic piping and intake, brisk plugs and alfa 4c coilpacks?

To get 220 HP to the crank you'll need the following:
Intake.
Intercooler pipes.
Possibly a larger intercooler.
Turbo back exhaust.
Tune.

To get 220 HP to the WHEELS, you'll need:
Stronger clutch.
Bigger turbo.
Possibly larger fuel injectors.

Supporting mods worth considering:
Polyurethane or solid transmission mount.
Oil catch can.
Lightweight crank pulley.
Lighter wheels, stickier tires.

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
What about an automatic. Already have tune,ic piping and intake, brisk plugs and alfa 4c coilpacks?
Unless you forgot to note it with your mods, you could probably really benefit from a high-flow downpipe and exhaust if you have the EC Stage 2 tune. You see to have the air intake side of the equation taken care of, but with a turbocharger you need free-flowing exhaust to make use of all that air coming in.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
You're not going to get that kind of power out of an auto unless you want to spend big bucks having someone custom make you a new set of clutches for that transmission.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah i have no exhaust work or dp work at all. Ive seen nice prices of the obx what downpipes should i look into to mate up correctly and more efficiently then the stock

Unless you forgot to note it with your mods, you could probably really benefit from a high-flow downpipe and exhaust if you have the EC Stage 2 tune. You see to have the air intake side of the equation taken care of, but with a turbocharger you need free-flowing exhaust to make use of all that air coming in.

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
You're not going to get that kind of power out of an auto unless you want to spend big bucks having someone custom make you a new set of clutches for that transmission.
The C635 DDCT as used in the Dart is rated for the same amount of power as the manual, which is around 250lb-ft of torque, as I recall. I'm not sure how much power it delivers, but there have been members that have run the HPSI Stage 2 with full bolt-ons on the DDCT with no issues. Since there is no tune available for the DDCT that offers more power (unless Syked now offers DDCT tunes), there doesn't seem to be much reason to spend several thousand dollars upgrading the DDCT clutch pack, or replacing it with a 4C clutch pack (assuming that's even a part that you can purchase).

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
The C635 DDCT as used in the Dart is rated for the same amount of power as the manual, which is around 250lb-ft of torque, as I recall. I'm not sure how much power it delivers, but there have been members that have run the HPSI Stage 2 with full bolt-ons on the DDCT with no issues. Since there is no tune available for the DDCT that offers more power (unless Syked now offers DDCT tunes), there doesn't seem to be much reason to spend several thousand dollars upgrading the DDCT clutch pack, or replacing it with a 4C clutch pack (assuming that's even a part that you can purchase).
I was responding to him in regards to his quest to get 220 WHP out of his auto. The only way to get that is if he either overspins the stock turbo, killing it prematurely, or upgrades to a larger turbo. He's going to have the issue of making too much torque with a larger turbo for the stock clutch to handle.

That's why I said it's not going to happen with an auto, not safely and reliably at least (overspinning the stock turbo).

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Yeah i have no exhaust work or dp work at all. Ive seen nice prices of the obx what downpipes should i look into to mate up correctly and more efficiently then the stock
Not having any mods or a tune, I can't personally recommend anything. I know that RRM offers both a high-flow catted downpipe and a fully catless downpipe. I think there are other catless options as well, but I'm not sure if there are other high-flow catted downpipes for the Dart. As for exhaust, there are plenty of options, from high performance cat-back bolt-on systems to custom jobs, to the DRP race dump (which @Exitus04 swears isn't super-loud, but I still can't see how that's possible).

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Not having any mods or a tune, I can't personally recommend anything. I know that RRM offers both a high-flow catted downpipe and a fully catless downpipe. I think there are other catless options as well, but I'm not sure if there are other high-flow catted downpipes for the Dart. As for exhaust, there are plenty of options, from high performance cat-back bolt-on systems to custom jobs, to the DRP race dump (which @Exitus04 swears isn't super-loud, but I still can't see how that's possible).
I mean... its loud, when you want it to be loud. Its become even more loud ever since I installed the RRM High-flow Cat downpipe! But during the winter months I will be taking it off as I dont want to run too lean and it will also scream due to the car having to warm up a little in the morning and holding at 1500RPMs for a few mins.

·
Registered
605 Posts
ATP who makes the CATless downpipe on Eurocompulsions website also offers a CAT version from their (ATP) website (http://www.atpturbo.com).

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts