Dodge Dart Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I realize that the 2013-2016 Dodge Dart isnt the fastest platform out there ... nor the most Mod friendly .... BUT I'm sticking with it!

I need opinions on the next retrofit I'm working on.

I have made a few mockups and I want you guys (& gals) to tell me what you think ... and don't hesitate to be brutally honest:

1483038883890.jpeg View attachment 81513

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Well, I think that would be a major PITA to fit under the dart correctly, you will most likely have to weld new hangers for that exhaust... But what are those extra pieces next to the mufflers? That seems like an exhaust that belongs on a BRZ or something?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They make this particular style setup for any number of different cars, 350-370z's, brz, gt86, wrx, the extra canister on each side is a resonator, im just a fan of how it looks. another option is to remove the black part of the fascia and have the entire setup visable which i have seen on higher end cars and it look amazing, lots of chrome.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The black piece on your car is there for aerodynamic purposes, and was designed and tested in a wind tunnel. The super-high-dollar sports cars that have the muffler setup visible like you're talking about, in place of where we have that fascia, were designed that way and wind tunnel tested for performance. Your car, on the other hand, was not.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing is... i'm talking strictly aesthetics here. and these exhaust systems that i'm referring to are not tested in a wind tunnel, as they are aftermarket designed for everyday drivers such as previously stated 350z, 370z, BRZ, WRX among many others... given those aforementioned vehicles are much more tuner friendly, that forces people like myself to retrofit things to be unique (in the dart scene) and further the dodge dart platform. If you were to see a Dart with that setup what would you say to yourself is what i'm getting at.???

i appreciate the comment as i know it will not improve the aerodynamics of the dart, only improve the sexyness!!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
How about cutting the bumper to a large mesh or grid? So you could see your exhaust, have a stable bumper, and a very unique look. Tough to do, it'd take a lot of effort, precision, and patience. I mean you could have the "holes" big enough you could put your foot through them, you just want some kind of structure between the exhaust pipes. Not having anything around the exhaust tips, I think would look really weird.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Personally, I don't like seeing exposed exhaust other than a well done pair of dual exhausts or well integrated center dual exhaust ports. Otherwise, sleekness is what draws me visually. Speaking of performance and aerodynamics, I'll use the current generation of Corvette as example: None of the various trim levels do a very good job of properly cooling the drivetrain (engine, tranny in rear, torque tube/drive shaft). Despite all the little inlets and scoops and exit vents from here to Hell and back again, all trim levels overheat badly under performance pressure. Which they ARE marketed for. It's been said that as @SmokyOwl suggests - but from a practical actual Air Flow standpoint - all Stingray C7 trim levels need much bigger,wider,gaping front grille treatments. But alas, they're kind of fugly.
Just saying.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
@dad's dart, "Personally, I don't like seeing exposed exhaust other than a well done pair of dual exhausts or well integrated center dual exhaust ports. Otherwise, sleekness is what draws me visually."
I'll go with that....

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
@Clockem -

Why is this a WIKI article?

Perhaps a moderator or an admin can convert it to a thread.

NOTE: Just like Wikipedia, any Dodge-Dart.org forum member can alter (add, delete, or modify) a Dodge Dart WIKI article ... Don't believe me, go back and read your original post.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
@Clockem -

Why is this a WIKI article?

Perhaps a moderator or an admin can convert it to a thread.

NOTE: Just like Wikipedia, any Dodge-Dart.org forum member can alter (add, delete, or modify) a Dodge Dart WIKI article ... Don't believe me, go back and read your original post.
Because of forum software limitations, neither Moderators or Admins can move this to a regar forum post. It's either the post stays here for the OP or the onus is on the OP to move them to the forum.

@57ChryslerDart, I understand your concern, but our hands are tied on this one. It's either the OP moves the question, or the moderators risk eliminating it all together when trying to move the post. Either way, there isn't a fix coming for the .org.

·
Registered
261 Posts
the thing is... i'm talking strictly aesthetics here. and these exhaust systems that i'm referring to are not tested in a wind tunnel, as they are aftermarket designed for everyday drivers such as previously stated 350z, 370z, BRZ, WRX among many others... given those aforementioned vehicles are much more tuner friendly, that forces people like myself to retrofit things to be unique (in the dart scene) and further the dodge dart platform. If you were to see a Dart with that setup what would you say to yourself is what i'm getting at.???

i appreciate the comment as i know it will not improve the aerodynamics of the dart, only improve the sexyness!!

If I were to see something like what you showed in the original picture, I probably wouldn't think anything. It would be hard to see unless I was under your car. It falls within the boundaries of good taste.

If I were to see something big and glaringly aftermarket hanging out the back end? I'd probably write it off as tacky and hideous. I suspect that you and I might have very different definitions of what 'sexy' means when it comes to cars.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I were to see something like what you showed in the original picture, I probably wouldn't think anything. It would be hard to see unless I was under your car. It falls within the boundaries of good taste.

If I were to see something big and glaringly aftermarket hanging out the back end? I'd probably write it off as tacky and hideous. I suspect that you and I might have very different definitions of what 'sexy' means when it comes to cars.

MY intention is to fab something up that looks good, sounds good, and gives the dart a wild twist. i don't want to disgrace to darts already failing platform nor want to have anyone to look at my car
and scream ricer. im looking for... man thats a sick dart. and visible or not this exhaust is one way to achieve such remarks. i have another render 1482525241377 (2).png now this is with the frowned upon removal of the rear fascia. (no aerodynamic benefit)

·
Registered
261 Posts
To be honest, I don't like that look. I'd rather have just a larger cutout for the exhaust tips, and keep the gaudiness to a minimum.

Also, though, and your mileage obviously varies... I'm not a fan of the white tape treatment over the taillights, either. But then, I'm also not a fan of the chrome door handles and headlight bezels on my Limited, either. I'd rather see everything be either body color or plain black.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
closing this out.

OP @Clockem, this should not be in the WIKI as this is not a WIKI article. Please start a new thread on the forum or start a build thread once you start your exhaust build. Just trying to do some New Years cleaning on the .org.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.