Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Honestly have to say people are pretty surprised when they pull up next to you.and they think for a minute.oh that Dart can't beat me. Are they suprised when all they see is your back taillights. And they can't catch you. The 2.4 four cylinder Does it's job. I'm pretty hard on it. Who has topped there Dart At?? I'm just going to say well over 130 mph. I'm not sure what the 1.4 or 2.0 turbos do. Thanks Dart Owners.
Code:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I Honestly have to say people are pretty surprised when they pull up next to you.and they think for a minute.oh that Dart can't beat me. Are they suprised when all they see is your back taillights. And they can't catch you. The 2.4 four cylinder Does it's job. I'm pretty hard on it. Who has topped there Dart At?? I'm just going to say well over 130 mph. I'm not sure what the 1.4 or 2.0 turbos do. Thanks Dart Owners.
Code:
The 2.4l tops out at 120....

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't think those people are even attempting to race you bud. The dart is far from far from being fast, hell i don't even really consider it zippy. The dart on a good day going downhill and a clutch dump could get into the 7s for 0-60. Even when new they weren't anywhere close to being fast, now 2-3 years from the last one being made nothing has changed

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think those people are even attempting to race you bud. The dart is far from far from being fast, hell i don't even really consider it zippy. The dart on a good day going downhill and a clutch dump could get into the 7s for 0-60. Even when new they weren't anywhere close to being fast, now 2-3 years from the last one being made nothing has changed
God bless you

·
Super Moderator
4,529 Posts
I have cleaned up this thread a bit so the topic can stay on track. To answer your question, the Darts, at least to my knowledge up to 2015 have been electronically limited to around 120MPH. I have seen people post that their results are around here +-10 MPH. In some cases you can go down hill and gain extra speed, or it's possible some of the darts will limit at a slightly higher speed, but overall, they should be limited. Not only does the Dart not have enough power to get up to 120 in a reasonable amount of time like during a race or at the drag strip, but they also are not rated for that kind of speed on the stock tires (probably). There are tunes out there to specifically remove the speed limiter, so we know it's there.

WIth that being said, top speeds really are nothing special to compare as most people are going to be in that 120-130 range unless tuned or somehow don't have a limiter. I think the conversation should be more of who has the fastest 0-60 time? You can see posts Here or maybe best quarter mile times. There are other threads about the speed limiter and you can see them here Speed Limiter. Use the search bar at the top to look for top speeds and other related posts, as I am sure most users that made those posts, are no longer on the forum.

Also, no need to post a picture of proof. You should not be taking a picture at 120+MPH anyways ;)

The 2.4l tops out at 120....
Seth here is correct as I mentioned above. But as I mentioned, there is some +- in terms of what the actual limiter is. I've never even come close to it so I actually can't speak on it personally :) but the forum is full of documentation to give an idea on what is programmed in the ECU for that topic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts