Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my dart last year and 3 months later i smell something terrible so i thought clutch or brakes or maybe oil. There have been spots on the ground where i parked and since it snowed i could see it was black. Friend said it was just ac condensing. Car has 70,000k miles on it. Today when i backed up i noticed dark spots and then i looked around and found this spot with oil. What is the black plug? It is not a screw and there is oil all around the area. What could be causing the oil leak?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
That is a vent for the trans. The oil is probably coming from elsewhere. You heard about gravity? Take a few things off to get a better view.

·
Registered
242 Posts
its your pvc oil seal.... the big clunky thing with 3 10mm bolts... take that off and replace the seal... its on top of your valve cover

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the pcv valve? is the valve in the same spot as in this video? (can't post a link) Is it the same as in other multiair chrysler engines? I will take a look after school but how would the pcv cause a oil leak?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been looking online for pcv valve for dodge dart but only valves for 2.0/2.4L version and I have a 1.4. I cant seem to find one that fits my engine.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The 1.4L PCV valve seems to be available as part of the entire assembly only, not listed as a separate part.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have been looking online for pcv valve for dodge dart but only valves for 2.0/2.4L version and I have a 1.4. I cant seem to find one that fits my engine.
The issue most have had is with the O-ring and resolves once this is replaced - plenty of threads on that here. I believe most have replaced with a Viton O-ring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
mtweb
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing