Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to get a better engine (2.4 L ) but I’m skeptical. I heard of engine swaps but I also know about cold intakes, performance chips or jus the turbocharger itself.
would it be better to add a performance chip, turbocharger or charger engine, or just a engine swap?
following question: what’s a good site for performance parts?

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
Performance chips are junk, don't bother. Engine swap isn't something to consider lightly because the 2.4 has MultiAir and your PCM won't like that plus the wiring is different. The PCM is married by networks to the other electronic modules, even the fob. You can search the forum for turbo info, but again, when you find that info, you will likely change your mind. With modern vehicle electronics so complex, you need to buy the car with the goodies you want. This isn't a pre-2000 car.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
1) Cold Air Intake or K&N drop-in filter.
2) Copper spark plugs.
3) Lightweight crank pulley.
4) Syked ECU Tuning has a real ECU tune available.

Outside of those 4 things, everything else will be a waste of money on the 2.0 liter engine. The 2.0 wasn't meant to be a performance engine, neither is the 2.4. If you want a fun and fast car, buy something else. That's the best advice we can give.

By the time you spend $$$ on a turbo kit, you could have purchased a $10,000 performance vehicle in the first place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) Cold Air Intake or K&N drop-in filter.
2) Copper spark plugs.
3) Lightweight crank pulley.
4) Syked ECU Tuning has a real ECU tune available.

Outside of those 4 things, everything else will be a waste of money on the 2.0 liter engine. The 2.0 wasn't meant to be a performance engine, neither is the 2.4. If you want a fun and fast car, buy something else. That's the best advice we can give.

By the time you spend $$$ on a turbo kit, you could have purchased a $10,000 performance vehicle in the first place.
Noted! I’ll just focus on my exterior looks and things lol. Thanks btw.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Performance chips are junk, don't bother. Engine swap isn't something to consider lightly because the 2.4 has MultiAir and your PCM won't like that plus the wiring is different. The PCM is married by networks to the other electronic modules, even the fob. You can search the forum for turbo info, but again, when you find that info, you will likely change your mind. With modern vehicle electronics so complex, you need to buy the car with the goodies you want. This isn't a pre-2000 car.
Oh wow, I’m such a noob I thought any engine would upgrade the performance no matter the previous engine or car. Thanks

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Noted! I’ll just focus on my exterior looks and things lol. Thanks btw.
If you want to read up on some info in your spare time, this is the best possible link I can provide. He also has a 2.0 Dart like you. Just about every possible upgrade is listed and talked about in-depth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want to read up on some info in your spare time, this is the best possible link I can provide. He also has a 2.0 Dart like you. Just about every possible upgrade is listed and talked about in-depth.

Appreciate it , truly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts