Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Just a heads up, our Darts have an 8 year, 80K mile warranty for software flashes like the TSB for the P0128 code above. Do not let a stealership try to rip you off and charge you for something like this. Northtown Dodge in Amherst, NY, wanted me to pay $130 just to have it done. West Herr Dodge, on the other hand, told me about our warranty and they are getting my business going forward. (Joe Cecconi Chrysler in Niagara Falls, NY, is a total joke and I would not be the least bit bothered if the place disappeared to a whole in the ground.)
It's not that flashes are covered per se, it's that the PCM is considered a special emissions control part, and it is covered for 8 years or 80K miles, whichever comes first, because US federal law mandates this as a minimum requirement in all passenger vehicles equipped with a PCM (the catalytic converter is the only other part covered by this warranty provision). This is no secret, really. It's in the generic Dodge warranty booklet for ever model year the Dart was manufactured. Everybody has read this for their model year, right? RIGHT?

Note that this coverage would only apply to the PCM, and not to any other module, such as the TCM or BCM, and would obviously require that a problem be present for which a PCM flash is recognized as a solution by FCA due to an issue with the existing software. I believe that is the case with the P0128 "thermostat rationality fault" issues that your Dart is experiencing, which will likely solve this issue on a 2015 Dart (it's a known issue).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It's not that flashes are covered per se, it's that the PCM is considered a special emissions control part, and it is covered for 8 years or 80K miles, whichever comes first, because US federal law mandates this as a minimum requirement in all passenger vehicles equipped with a PCM (the catalytic converter is the only other part covered by this warranty provision). This is no secret, really. It's in the generic Dodge warranty booklet for ever model year the Dart was manufactured. Everybody has read this for their model year, right? RIGHT?

Note that this coverage would only apply to the PCM, and not to any other module, such as the TCM or BCM, and would obviously require that a problem be present for which a PCM flash is recognized as a solution by FCA due to an issue with the existing software. I believe that is the case with the P0128 "thermostat rationality fault" issues that your Dart is experiencing, which will likely solve this issue on a 2015 Dart (it's a known issue).
Thanks. That said, at least I know because of the honesty of a service guy at West Herr Dodge. (Hopefully, it will fix it though.)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
11 Participants
ManofGod1000
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing