Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
Loosen the lugs, jack up the rear and place jack stands. Remove the wheel and the wheel well splash shield. You should be able to see the leak. Take pics if you are not sure where the leak is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t have jack stands or anything we jacked it up while at the meet it’s leaking above the heat shield

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
What heat shield? There are several. Or are you referring to the wheel well splash shield?
If you don't have tools, take it somewhere that does. Leaking gasoline is very dangerous.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I straight up left it there and walked away bro and the heat shield that’s by the exhaust

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
Does it leak continuously whether or not the engine is running? If it eventually stops when fuel pressure bleeds off with the engine not running, push the car away from the puddle of gas. You can remove the rear seat cushion and then the access plate to the fuel pump. This will let you see the top of the fuel tank. It's possible the quick connect got loose. If it never stops leaking, the tank could have a hole.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s from the gas line and yeah it’s still leaking cars been off since I was at the meet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts