Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hvac module is bad in my 2013 Dart Rallye 1.4T and I cant seem to find anything online about where I can locate and replace it. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

·
Administrator
5,853 Posts
The HVAC module is located on the top of the air distribution housing, behind the radio or Integrated center stack screen, depending on how equipped.

08 - Electrical / 8E - Electronic Control Modules / MODULE, A/C and Heater / Removal

REMOVAL

WARNING:
Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to follow these instructions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.

1.Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

2.Remove the Integrated Center Stack Screen (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/MODULE, Integrated Center Stack Screen/Removal) or Radio (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8A - Audio and Video/RADIO/Removal) depending on how equipped.

3.Remove the A/C and Heater Control (Refer to 24 - Heating and Air Conditioning/Controls/CONTROL, A/C and Heater/Removal) .

NOTE: Illustration shown with instrument panel removed from view for clarity.

4.Disconnect the wire harness connectors (1) from the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) module.

Line art Motor vehicle Auto part Diagram Drawing

5.Remove the three HVAC module retaining screws (2).

6.Remove the HVAC module from the HVAC housing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Morning, I know it's an old thread.. 2013 Dodge Dart sxt 1.4 service manual says the module is on top of the air circ as described above.. Yet on my car, that module is NOT there? Was there a different type ? I have the standard heat/ air control setup.

Randomly the control module will not work unless the door is slammed shut.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Administrator
5,853 Posts
Should be on top of the HVAC box.
08 - Electrical / 8E - Electronic Control Modules / MODULE, A/C and Heater / Description

DESCRIPTION
Scale Font Circle Auto part Drawing

The Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) module (2) is a microcontroller designed to operate the heating and A/C system, using the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus. The HVAC module has a plastic housing with two integral electrical connector receptacles and three mounting tabs (1).

The HVAC module is located on the top of the air distribution housing, behind the radio or Integrated center stack screen, depending on how equipped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts