Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just picked up a 2014 2.4 Ralleye that already has the magnaflow Catback, like the way it sounds, everything else is stock except for plastidipped wheels and HID, So my next purchase is going to be the CAI, I see alot recommending the HSPI, i was wondering if there is that big of a difference between that and the Injen? since its almost twice the cost, even more if you get the Ram kit, speaking of, is it worth getting the Ram kit with the HSPI?

·
Super Moderator
4,653 Posts
So i just picked up a 2014 2.4 Ralleye that already has the magnaflow Catback, like the way it sounds, everything else is stock except for plastidipped wheels and HID, So my next purchase is going to be the CAI, I see alot recommending the HSPI, i was wondering if there is that big of a difference between that and the Injen? since its almost twice the cost, even more if you get the Ram kit, speaking of, is it worth getting the Ram kit with the HSPI?
My buddy was a skeptic. He had the injen and I was one of the first people to get the Eurocompulsion (HPSI at the time) intake. He helped me install mine, and still was not fully supportive of it. He started talking to one of the guys at the shop, and after a while decided to give it a try. He went from injen to the EC intake and told me that it was definitely worth the money for the difference. He also would run his car extremely hard, and had every bolt on you could get.

I started with it, and love it. What you never hear though is the people that went from one to the other. Typically people won't spend that much. But luckily for those people just like yourself, my buddy did. And I am relaying his response. Typically you only hear of the people either 1) started with EC and recommend it, or 2) have injen and don't understand why people pay so much more for the "same thing".

Ultimately it's up to you to make the choice, but you will not be disappointed with anything from EC.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought the HPSI intake w/RAM Air tube from this guy ^^^@LxiMax^^^ and installed it this past Saturday. I haven't compared gas mileage yet, but it definitely sounds a whole lot better...especially between the 3K-4K RPM range.

Install was relatively easy. It took me about 2 hours from start to finish.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought the HPSI intake wO/RAM Air tube (plan to add soon) from this guy ^^^@LxiMax^^^ and installed it this past today. As @doobie40 says, definitely sounds a whole lot better...even better than a simple baffle delete which I did a few weeks ago. Very happy with this intake.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Like it...total understatement...been loving it for almost 3k miles now. But...call me crazy...almost prefer the feel and sound of the intake w/o the ram air hose. Picked it up from @zuiquan1 @ a great price. I know the system is complete with it. But man...60 days w/o it...sure enjoyed the tone! Not taking the ram air off...just sharing some thoughts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I stand behind HPSI's CAI. I've had it for some time and though it sounds great without the Ram, I just recently completed they system with the RAM and boy is this thing awesome. This CAI completely compliments the other engine mods I've done (Mpx Ported throttle body, RRM pulley and spectrum tuner). I've made some fans out of two county police while backing into a parking spot at my local 7-11 as they were coming out. "Wow, your car looks awesome and sounds mean!" They were really geeked about it lol. I'm not a fan of cops, but this just made me feel even better about owning my 6 speed MT Dart!:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts