Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can email me at [email protected] or reply here too
I ran the HPSI without the ram air for a few weeks. I really enjoyed the extra intake noise @4krpm over the stock box. Picked up the ram air to complete the system. Bit of the noise went away but I'm glad I have the complete system...even if I'm considering taking it out to fund my new love...cycling...time to invest in a power meter for the Focus Cayo!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Speaking of Ram Air and the HPSi intake, I have a question re HPSi intake and the Mopar CAI w/Ram Air. I'm looking to take the HPSi intake silicon hose and tie it into my Mopar CAI airbox. Has anyone tried this one? Seems like it would be possible with some minor cutting and stretching of the hose over the nose of the airbox. I like my Mopar Ram Air and CAI setup, but would like to add the features and performance of the HPSi intake. I contacted them via e-mail about getting just the hose without the filter housing - in an effort to save some money - and haven't heard back. Anyone else tried this? Will wait for feedback then the next move will be to pick up the phone and ask. Perhaps they are working on a system that'll do this.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Speaking of Ram Air and the HPSi intake, I have a question re HPSi intake and the Mopar CAI w/Ram Air. I'm looking to take the HPSi intake silicon hose and tie it into my Mopar CAI airbox. Has anyone tried this one? Seems like it would be possible with some minor cutting and stretching of the hose over the nose of the airbox. I like my Mopar Ram Air and CAI setup, but would like to add the features and performance of the HPSi intake. I contacted them via e-mail about getting just the hose without the filter housing - in an effort to save some money - and haven't heard back. Anyone else tried this? Will wait for feedback then the next move will be to pick up the phone and ask. Perhaps they are working on a system that'll do this.
I have done just that!!! I have the HPSI with RAM air and the MOPAR CAI box with Sport Hood RAM Air. You'll need to shave off about an inch or so of the HPSI Silicon hose. You'll also need to stretch the silicon hose using a hand torch. Heat it in small increments otherwise you'll burn/scar the silicone. You'll need a flat head driver or some sort of thin pry tool. Don't forget your curse words and some elbow grease!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have done just that!!! I have the HPSI with RAM air and the MOPAR CAI box with Sport Hood RAM Air. You'll need to shave off about an inch or so of the HPSI Silicon hose. You'll also need to stretch the silicon hose using a hand torch. Heat it in small increments otherwise you'll burn/scar the silicone. You'll need a flat head driver or some sort of thin pry tool. Don't forget your curse words and some elbow grease!!
Good deal, it certainly looked like it could work. Thanks for the feedback and how you got it together. Did they happen to sell you just the hoses with out the filter housing?

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Good deal, it certainly looked like it could work. Thanks for the feedback and how you got it together. Did they happen to sell you just the hoses with out the filter housing?
I had bought the HPSI used off of this site actually, so no.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had bought the HPSI used off of this site actually, so no.
Ironically the first thing I did after I posted that was go look for the "parts for sale" section and saw - I believe - the one you bought...nice work. Will have to give them a call and see if they will do that. Will report any findings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
87ShelbyZ
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing