Dodge Dart Forum banner
241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
True. Just hate the thought of having the feature and not using it to the fullest extent is all. But I'll make do with what I have. Sorry to revive an old post

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
True. Just hate the thought of having the feature and not using it to the fullest extent is all. But I'll make do with what I have. Sorry to revive an old post
I just checked ebay. They have a Garmin 3490LM, working with a cracked screen, for under $45.00 shipped. Other compatible Garmin devices (3590LMT, 3490LM) for under $80.00 shipped. If you register with one of the GPS sites, you should be able to find the necessary software. The method worked when I tried it last summer. This reminds me I need to do it again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Would the software need to be paid for as well?

·
Registered
103 Posts
thanks for all of the info. im going to try to keep that in mind for when i can do all of this. i do want to keep everything up to date but i can use my phone for the time being until i get it all. ive just spent alot on everything so far

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tried last night to update the maps to 2015.30 and it got all the way to 100%, but then gave error code 0x 31A2 at the end and told me to touch the screen. After that screen went away, there was a popup that said map installation was successful. It now tells me that there is no detailed map installed and that is what's needed to actually navigate. What's there is the basemap that only shows some interstates but hardly anything else. Earlier in the day, I downgraded to CTP13 and that seemed to work just fine. it was the map install that didn't. Now, when i try to install CTP15 from the dealer website, it gives me that same error code. Is that because maps aren't fully installed? Should I try different files? 2016.10 perhaps? Someone please help.

John

Update: I finally got it to work. Apparently I hadn't removed the right files inside the ASR and JCV folders. Anyone know if junction view has to be selected or does it do it automatically at certain interchanges?
John,
How did you fix this issue? I am having the same problem upgrading my dodge journey to 2021.30 maps. My installation was successful and after that only see the base map with no detailed map available for routing. Also the same usb is not working anymore as I was trying to update just the detail map (gmapprom.img) under garmin folder. I am getting the same error code 0x 31A2 after validating the usb for 30 to 60 secs. Can anyone respond how they came out of this issue and got the detail maps.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,662 Posts
The Dart UConnect is old and there may not even be an available update. Use your phone, updates are automatic and even get traffic updates.

241 - 259 of 259 Posts