Dodge Dart Forum banner
221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
@soccrstar @drizze99 @tanbam @EstoyLoco

Does anyone have a link to the CTP13 firmware or able to upload their copy for us? The original one is no longer working (originally posted here by @soccrstar):

https://uptodo.net/74h/CTP13_Firmware.rar

The charger forums have a CTP13 for their RB5, but it's unconfirmed if this works on the Dart. Has anyone used the charger's CTP13 firmware?

Has anyone downgraded a CTP16 Dart? One Charger owner was able to downgrade their RB5 from CTP16 to CTP13:
HOW TO: Map Update on Uconnect CTP13+ (2013 - 2014) [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums

Is there an alternate method to upgrading the maps on CTP16?
I have CTP13 and am running 2017 maps with no issues, I would be happy to dump mine for you. Do you have instructions on how to do so? Or does anyone know of a way to do this?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have CTP13 and am running 2017 maps with no issues, I would be happy to dump mine for you. Do you have instructions on how to do so? Or does anyone know of a way to do this?
I'm pretty sure there's a way to download the maps from the car onto the jump drive then you should be able to upload them to google drive or something like that and if anyone ask just pm them as putting them here on the forum might not be allowed. I would check with the mods first if you can post them publicly

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a way to download the maps from the car onto the jump drive then you should be able to upload them to google drive or something like that and if anyone ask just pm them as putting them here on the forum might not be allowed. I would check with the mods first if you can post them publicly
No unfortunately CTP15 and CTP16 prevent updating unlocked maps using the method on this post. Anyone who is looking upgrade their own maps who has updated via driveuconnect.com or at the dealership would need to downgrade to CTP13, then load the maps using the normal method. The file on the charger's forum is a rar archive file containing "gupdate.gcd". If you feel like digging, I'm looking for a Dodge Dart CTP13 "gupdate.gcd" file. You may or may not have luck pulling this from "Copy user data" or other options in Dealer Mode:

HOW TO: Dealer Mode on UConnect 8.4 - Dodge Charger Forums

Or maybe in engineering mode:
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dod...28-secret-test-mode-screns-uconnect-8-4n.html

·
Registered
106 Posts
No unfortunately CTP15 and CTP16 prevent updating unlocked maps using the method on this post. Anyone who is looking upgrade their own maps who has updated via driveuconnect.com or at the dealership would need to downgrade to CTP13, then load the maps using the normal method. The file on the charger's forum is a rar archive file containing "gupdate.gcd". If you feel like digging, I'm looking for a Dodge Dart CTP13 "gupdate.gcd" file. You may or may not have luck pulling this from "Copy user data" or other options in Dealer Mode:

HOW TO: Dealer Mode on UConnect 8.4 - Dodge Charger Forums

Or maybe in engineering mode:
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dod...28-secret-test-mode-screns-uconnect-8-4n.html
Ok if I get some time I will check it out and see if I can dump my firmware somehow. I updated my maps using a method found on this forum. I acquired the updated maps files and arranged them in the correct order on the thumb drive and then. Used the Garmin maps unlocked tool to generate my code to install to the Nav unit. I acquired the map update legally since I own another Garmin that I have with lifetime map updates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here and hoping I can get these to work with the unit in my 2014 Durango. It's crazy to me that the latest update they have "officially" is $150 and 2 years old!

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Ok if I get some time I will check it out and see if I can dump my firmware somehow. I updated my maps using a method found on this forum. I acquired the updated maps files and arranged them in the correct order on the thumb drive and then. Used the Garmin maps unlocked tool to generate my code to install to the Nav unit. I acquired the map update legally since I own another Garmin that I have with lifetime map updates.
PM me when you get a chance. I would like to upgrade my maps but my wife lost her Garmin gps unit, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a 3540 Device for Europe. How can i find out which files are requiered?
I mean the SID and ASR Files.
Another Questions, wenn i switch between ACC, ON, RUN, the radio get out. Is this OK?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got my map updates from the uconnect website put in my vin and it showed me 4 updates 2 for the 8.4n and 2 for garmin can only do 1 updates ar a time for the garmin downlaod the updates to flash drive i used a sandisk cruzer 16gb turn car on but dont start go to nav screen and insert flash drive and prompts will come up to update nav only takes maybe 15 minutes per update

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
I got my map updates from the uconnect website put in my vin and it showed me 4 updates 2 for the 8.4n and 2 for garmin can only do 1 updates ar a time for the garmin downlaod the updates to flash drive i used a sandisk cruzer 16gb turn car on but dont start go to nav screen and insert flash drive and prompts will come up to update nav only takes maybe 15 minutes per update
I don't believe those are map updates. Those are more than likely just the updates for the system itself because they had some issues with the Nav units in 14-15. So those updates are more than likely it. Unless you actually paid for it, then yes those are the map updates. If not, don't think you got lucky with some free map updates. As mentioned above, they are well over $100 for the single maps update. Which could be out of date already.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Anyone been able to find a copy of the Garmin Key Unlocker? I've looked all over links seem to be dead. If anyone knows can PM me that would be awesome sauce. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have a problem with a GPS, model: CTP13. I tried to use this tutorial to fix the problem with maps. My GPS didn't show maps and i tried to update them but i couldn't. Also i have a Garmin Nuvi 3590LMT to dump new maps, because i cant update the CTP13 using the normal way. I need help. Can you explain this method to Europe 2018.30 maps? i will give you more info if you need it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In case anyone was interested in a recent experience:

I updated my CTP12.5 just today and things seem to be working. Check out this thread at the Chargers' forum as they have the latest info on the files and folder structure: ChargerzForum for CTP11-12.5. If you need CTP13, they also link you to the '13 guide with that same link.

They also recommended signing up for GPS Power for Garmin Key Unlocker in order to find the download links for the key unlocker. I was able to upgrade to 2019.20 following this tool.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I have a question about this. I have a 2013 rallye. Here is a screenshot of what I have. What process do I need to follow to update maps Technology Electronic device Electronics

·
Registered
30 Posts
As you can see from the top of your image you have the CTP2012.5. You would follow the process for the CTP2012.5. It doesn't look like anyone has posted the two tools needed recently though. So I'm not sure where you would find gimgunlock and JetMouse.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That is my luck. I dont even want to know how much the dealerships charge for that

221 - 240 of 255 Posts