Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
As far as I'm aware it's not possible. They do this to avoid getting sued from the "I didn't know OFF means OFF" people who get in a wreck going sideways.

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
help on this subject please
You can disable the basic traction control by pressing the traction control button. However, this will not disable stability control, and as far as I know there is no easy way to do so. There may be fuses you can pull, but they may affect other systems as well. In addition, traction control will automatically re-engage at 60mph. At that speed, the potential consequences of a loss of traction from a drive wheel could be summed up as "Real Bad". The Dart is not a race car, it has safety systems in it that were designed not to be defeated by the occupants.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I noticed the 60mph thing,,,,,,,just wanted to have fun in the snow like when I was in high school,,,,,,,as soon as I start to slide the stability system boggs the gas down, with TC off, and running auto stick.....I have a Cadillac CTS if I hold in on the TC button for 7 seconds,,,stability and traction are both shut off......any way to put the car in a type of "sport" mode,,,,unless the auto stick is the "sport" mode...any help is appreciated,,,,,not looking to get high speeds,,,mainly stay in 1st & 2nd gear,,,drift a lil trying

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
There is no 'sport mode' for the dart. as JSB said, the dart was built not to racecar specs.

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
yeah I noticed the 60mph thing,,,,,,,just wanted to have fun in the snow like when I was in high school,,,,,,,as soon as I start to slide the stability system boggs the gas down, with TC off, and running auto stick.....I have a Cadillac CTS if I hold in on the TC button for 7 seconds,,,stability and traction are both shut off......any way to put the car in a type of "sport" mode,,,,unless the auto stick is the "sport" mode...any help is appreciated,,,,,not looking to get high speeds,,,mainly stay in 1st & 2nd gear,,,drift a lil trying
There is no sport mode on the Dart, the stability control is always on. Autostick makes no difference in that regard (or in any other regard, besides shifting, obviously). I've looked up the fuses, and it looks like mini fuse F23 in the underhood power distribution center is only for "ESC", so I suppose you could try pulling it and see what happens. This is from my 2013 owner's manual, but I don't think there were any changes to the fuses at any point. You can check your owner's manual. You do this at your own risk, of course, and if you get arrested for stunt driving or street racing or whatever they call it where you live, you're on your own. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
3,799 Posts
There is no sport mode on the Dart, the stability control is always on. Autostick makes no difference in that regard (or in any other regard, besides shifting, obviously). I've looked up the fuses, and it looks like mini fuse F23 in the underhood power distribution center is only for "ESC", so I suppose you could try pulling it and see what happens. This is from my 2013 owner's manual, but I don't think there were any changes to the fuses at any point. You can check your owner's manual. You do this at your own risk, of course, and if you get arrested for stunt driving or street racing or whatever they call it where you live, you're on your own. :wink:
My sources show F04 going to the ESC pump motor, F17 and F23 are to the ABS module. We can assume the ABS module also controls ESC (Electronic Stability Control).

Why would someone want to risk potentially damaging an almost new car? Get an old Neon that never even had ESC. You can find one for ~$300 to $800 if you never grew up and want to do donuts in a parking lot.

ABSbrakesystemschematic.jpg

dartpdc8b.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Although auto stick with no tc might bog down the gas in the snow, it's quite a bit of fun if you have a standard! Mine can be turned off with the push of a button, and if you know how to drive fwd, you can really rip the dart in snow. Although I don't recommend it. Just thought I'd chime in.

Edit: sorry to be one of those guys, but I just read the whole thread. Didn't realize that it toggles the tc and not the stability. Good to know!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I personally pulled the fuse u wouldn't believe the difference in shifting power in a Manuel and extra power out on highway there's a nice pull for passing on 6th gear cruising down highway and without stability control I tried a corner this car is still pretty tight on corners there's almost no body roll which is a plus it's u do loose your abs and cruse control when u pull the fuse but small price to pay I like the brake feel without abs taking over

·
Registered
169 Posts
I personally pulled the fuse u wouldn't believe the difference in shifting power in a Manuel and extra power out on highway there's a nice pull for passing on 6th gear cruising down highway and without stability control I tried a corner this car is still pretty tight on corners there's almost no body roll which is a plus it's u do loose your abs and cruse control when u pull the fuse but small price to pay I like the brake feel without abs taking over. Of course I would not do this if u have never drivin a car without anti lock brakes before because can cause injury from sudden stops and whiplash.

·
Registered
SE (2.0L Automatic) FBO + Tuned
5 Posts
Which fuse? Did removing the fuse really help with performance? Were there any downsides to removing it?

·
Registered
SE (2.0L Automatic) FBO + Tuned
5 Posts
I personally pulled the fuse u wouldn't believe the difference in shifting power in a Manuel and extra power out on highway there's a nice pull for passing on 6th gear cruising down highway and without stability control I tried a corner this car is still pretty tight on corners there's almost no body roll which is a plus it's u do loose your abs and cruse control when u pull the fuse but small price to pay I like the brake feel without abs taking over
Which fuse? Did removing the fuse really help with performance? Were there any downsides to removing the fuse?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Only down side is two lights in your dash an abs and traction light. Pulling this fuse really helps with your launch as well and keeps you from missing a shift and yes ur overall performance is better. The fuse F04 is a 40 amp. It's an ESC pump fuse on top right corner of fuse box under the hood. I'd give it a try no down side. Just save the fuse in your center console when you wanna put it back in. Drive a couple feet and the lights will go away. ( U will loose your brake assist ,hill assist, ur traction control abs and cruize control but as i said u plug this fuse back in everything will return as ot was after driving a few feet. I keep it out cuz the car is like an older stick shift with no abs brakes and no traction control and i never use cruze control so doesnt bug me any.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts