Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

Unclip the shifter bezel (1), (Refer to 23 - Body/Interior/BEZEL, Shifter - Removal) .

NOTE: Do not remove the shifter bezel, as it will fit through the opening once the storage bin has been removed.

Pull the emergency brake handle (2) fully up.

Remove the emergency brake side cover.

Using a small pick/pry tool or equivalent, remove the fastener cover (3) located near the lower rear of the console. Remove the fastener behind the cover. Repeat on the other side

Using Trim Stick C-4755 , disengage the retaining tabs/clips securing the switch pod (2) to the instrument panel.

Position the switch pod (2) slightly away from the instrument panel and disconnect the appropriate wire harnesses. Remove the switch pod (2).

Accessing from the front of the floor console (1) and using Trim Stick C-4755 , disengage the retaining tabs for the front gap hiders (2) and remove the gap hiders (2).

Disconnect the floor console wiring harness (3).

Disconnect the wire connector (2) from the auxiliary power outlet (1).

Remove steering column opening cover.

Remove the fastener (1) securing the console upper assembly (2) to the dash panel.

Using Trim Stick C-4755 , disengage the retaining tabs/clips securing the console upper assembly.

Remove the storage bin liner.

Using Trim Stick C-4755 , disengage the retaining tabs/clips securing storage bin (1) to the floor console (2).

Remove the two fasteners (1) from the floor console (2).

Lift the console up at the rear and remove from the vehicle.

Pry neutral gate cable end to the left toward drive seat to disengage the cable end from the shifter pin.

Release spring-clip holding cable end to fulcrum ball under the shifter handle and push the cable end downward to disengage it.

i hope this will help everyone! thankyou to ryan1singer for the actual vehicle pics.

Reactions: ryan1singer

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice instructions. i'm sure they'll be well used. is there any way you can de-biggenize the first 2 pics? they make my eyeballs hurt.
after a few trial and errors i think i have all the pictures and decriptions in the correct places. the first two pics are de biggenized. although i cant get them to normal size. now they are small.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^yes, those two pictures of the console and dash are directly from dealer connect. they usually use low res pictures for their techs to use. haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts