Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just found out my 2013 Dodge Dart SXT with 78,000 miles has a few burnt exhaust valves causing misfiring and low compression in cylinder 1. I honestly do not feel like putting the money into fixing it. How much could I really even get for the car in this condition if I were to sell/trade in?

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
So just found out my 2013 Dodge Dart SXT with 78,000 miles has a few burnt exhaust valves causing misfiring and low compression in cylinder 1. I honestly do not feel like putting the money into fixing it. How much could I really even get for the car in this condition if I were to sell/trade in?
I’d say about 3 to 4 K depending on which engine. Trading would prob be easier than selling unless you get someone who really really wants a Dart for the looks and interior. Mechanically , with a need for engine work…. a tough sell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d say about 3 to 4 K depending on which engine. Trading would prob be easier than selling unless you get someone who really really wants a Dart for the looks and interior. Mechanically , with a need for engine work…. a tough sell.
Thanks for the reply. It’s a 1.4L multiair turbo.

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
That depends on how honest you feel you need to be, how obvious the problem is, and how diligently it gets checked as a trade. Some places like Carvana quote sight unseen, and they apparently don't check anything when picking up before paying out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was quoted 3k from Carvana for my 119,400 mile 2013 Turbo Limited. I hear prices can vary wild depending on market. Never went through with it but I've heard as well that you can get away with some things. That being said I got 800 more at a local dealership over a Carvana quote with a different car.

Tldr; it'll vary, but Carvana is quoting 3k for my Dart.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was quoted 3k from Carvana for my 119,400 mile 2013 Turbo Limited. I hear prices can vary wild depending on market. Never went through with it but I've heard as well that you can get away with some things. That being said I got 800 more at a local dealership over a Carvana quote with a different car.

Tldr; it'll vary, but Carvana is quoting 3k for my Dart.
They just quoted me $325 for my car that's in really good condition, they just don't like the high mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts