Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. I'm thinking about making a switch down the road when the SRT4 hits the streets, and I was hoping you guys could help educate me on possible modificiations. I'm curious how heavily the current Darts can be modified, and if the SRT4 will possibly be in the same ballpark w/ regards to modding.

Thanks!

Jim

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Depends on how deep your pockets are for parts.
However, since the 2.4 L has only just arrived on the scene there's not as many mods out as there are for the 1.4L Turbo and the 2.0

Can't speak to the SRT version... I'll believe it when I see an actual vehicle

·
Registered
277 Posts
Im anticipating a huge aftermarket for the dart srt. Its a factory performance vehicle afterall. There will likely be mopar perf parts and your typical bolt ons from thurd parties. Itll be interesting to see how the ecu is handled. Will they do scat pack/staged kit like ecu flashes? Special Keyfob like the hellcat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are the best numbers guys are putting down on current Darts? What's the current baseline whp? I'm assuming there's roughly a 20% drivetrain loss from the crank numbers?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds silly but as far as I know, w/ the 2.4, only one guy went and got dyno'ed. And he never gave us the numbers. People are guesstimating at barely over 200hp. Kind of sad, it's been out there for a year now and all we've got to show it are the most basic of performance upgrades. The 1.4 had new parts on the market before they even made it to the dealers. Almost like nobody cares about it. I would go so far as to say I got the awkward motor, even though it's the larger of the lot.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
There's no way to know at this point in time. It's going to be a completely new engine/trans. package. What applies to the current engine won't work on the DSRT.

·
Banned
2,546 Posts
Eh, I think stock 2.4 runs 145-150s hp tq around the same little higher..
the numbers ther are roughly before the "supposed" full engine break in period as well. the 2.4 is suppose to have "unlock" points in the ecu for mileage.

but also the 140-150 was for a AUTO SXT 2.4 not a Manual GT.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the numbers ther are roughly before the "supposed" full engine break in period as well. the 2.4 is suppose to have "unlock" points in the ecu for mileage.

but also the 140-150 was for a AUTO SXT 2.4 not a Manual GT.
Is there supposed to be performance difference between the SXT and GT? Or just the auto manual?

·
Banned
2,546 Posts
Is there supposed to be performance difference between the SXT and GT? Or just the auto manual?
the reaction time for the TB is different between them. the calibrations for the SXT is set towards MPG and for the GT the Calibration is set for SPG.(smiles per gallon)lol. and the SXT trans is 3.23 final drive ratio. the Auto for the GT is set slightly higher for performance. the manual is set to 4.118 gear ratio.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Well that's interesting. I wonder how big the difference is.
HUGE, it's going to have twice the HP. And will probably be AWD.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I didn't mean the difference between the dart now and the SRT. I was wondering about the difference between the current SXT and the GT. If they had a drag race between two stock cars how close would it be?

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
VIPERMAN, you've modded the hell out of yours. Have you dyno'd it or tracked it? If so, what are your numbers?
I haven't done much performance wise. Just the exhaust and CAI. No dyno or track yet. Still waiting for the turbo upgrade and tune.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
What are the best numbers guys are putting down on current Darts? What's the current baseline whp? I'm assuming there's roughly a 20% drivetrain loss from the crank numbers?
The crank power rating for the 1.4T is 160HP and 184lbs torque. There are people who are still running the stock turbo making around 210HP and 225lbs torque at the wheels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
12 Participants
Varmin
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing