Dodge Dart Forum banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since I'm not seeing a recent post thru search,
Figured I can ask the question.
Do you expect 200-300k miles out of the platform??
As of today I have 188,000 miles on a 2014 Dart Limited with 2.4 L engine and 6 spd auto

Would have more but picked up a Golf to ease up on my commuter miles - I do 100 miles 5 days a week each way, so 1,000 miles per week.

No major issues yet - Tranny fluid drain and fill at 120,000 miles and will do another at 200,000 miles, even though original dealer said "lifetime sealed system".

Need to replace valve cover when I do my plugs next. doing oil changes at 5k to 7k with recommended oil (synthetic). Oil consumption is about a quart every 5,000 miles so not bad, and my mechanic thinks that the replacement of the valve cover might help with that as he is seeing oil splatter/leakage from that area.

Overall not bad for something I purchased new, still running good, prolly need to replace battery soon and get my coolant replaced too.

I definitely think my 95 or more percent highway miles is helping the reliability factor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe if I continue my maintenance I should hit 250,000 without issue. Just had my coolant replaced, plugs replaced, getting new skins and oil change this weekend, and will do my tranny fluid and valve cover and a small vacuum thingy done in a few weeks and I will be caught up. For a car that had a lot of boo hoo it stinks reviews over the past few years, this is the car that has lasted me the longest in terms of miles. purchased new and at 196,000 miles and counting. I have had chevy, Nissan, toyota, ford, Infiniti etc throughout my life this was my first Dodge that I got new. Did I get lucky? maybe, but I believe in good maintenance, and all my vehicles get synthetic oil.
It's a limited 2.4 with 6spd auto so it has the nice accouterments.

Good luck with everybody's Darts !

Since I'm not seeing a recent post thru search,
Figured I can ask the question.
Do you expect 200-300k miles out of the platform??

·
Super Moderator
4,524 Posts
I believe if I continue my maintenance I should hit 250,000 without issue. Just had my coolant replaced, plugs replaced, getting new skins and oil change this weekend, and will do my tranny fluid and valve cover and a small vacuum thingy done in a few weeks and I will be caught up. For a car that had a lot of boo hoo it stinks reviews over the past few years, this is the car that has lasted me the longest in terms of miles. purchased new and at 196,000 miles and counting. I have had chevy, Nissan, toyota, ford, Infiniti etc throughout my life this was my first Dodge that I got new. Did I get lucky? maybe, but I believe in good maintenance, and all my vehicles get synthetic oil.
It's a limited 2.4 with 6spd auto so it has the nice accouterments.

Good luck with everybody's Darts !
That is absolutely awesome to see a 2.4 at that high of a number. I absolutely agree good maintenance is the key to a long life car. Sure, some things are out of our control. It's great to hear the opposite side of the story where your car actually has outperformed. Normally it's the people saying I only have 50k and I need a new engine, and this is the worst car I've owned, and this is the last Dodge I will buy and blah blah, blah.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts