Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
View attachment 89257
Looks like those items are only covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles
Yeah I get that even though warranty for the "clutch assembly" is complete BS!

I bought an extended warranty that includes free replacement of the wear parts when I need to have them replaced. However, the warranty is 48 month / 48k miles. So if I pass the 48k mile mark and I still haven't had my brakes replaced, would they still be replaced after?

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Yeah I get that even though warranty for the "clutch assembly" is complete BS!

I bought an extended warranty that includes free replacement of the wear parts when I need to have them replaced. However, the warranty is 48 month / 48k miles. So if I pass the 48k mile mark and I still haven't had my brakes replaced, would they still be replaced after?
"I bought an extended warranty that includes free replacement of the wear parts when I need to have them replaced."......I didn't know that was even available. Through MOPAR?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah it was an option for the warranty I purchased... See we learn new things... I had no idea there was a life time warranty avaliable..

I'll find a copy of my warranty and post it on here.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I have a 2013 Dart Limited with the 2.0 auto combo. I bought it Jan 2013. I now have 78,000 miles on it and so far my brakes seem fine. Both my dealer and the tire shop examined my brakes and said they were fine and still had life left. I do mostly highway miles but I have never had a car's original brakes last this long. I'm kind of suspicious. lol I'm also kind of a proactive person when it comes to car maintenance and tempted to just change the front pads and rotors before they get bad as I am more than happy with the miles I got out of the original brakes. What would you guys do? Anyone else get this kind of brake life?
@dby2011 - At 78K mile mark, my 2013 Dodge Dart's rotors were starting to warp ... so I ended up replacing all four [front (MOPAR part #: 68082120AA) & rear (MOPAR part #: 68082121AA)] ... BUT with almost 131K miles on the odometer, I'm still running the original disc brake pads (i.e., they are still well within spec).

·
Registered
80 Posts
2013 Aero - I'm right at 90k and decided to do a brake job because the front rotors were scored pretty good.

When I got them off it turns out they actually aren't that bad. I could probably get another 50k-70K out of them, even with all the stop-n-go town driving and twisty back roads I am on. The rotors were scored but it didn't look like they were getting deeper; seems like the pads wore into the grooves and that was the end of the drama.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
2013 Aero - I'm right at 90k and decided to do a brake job because the front rotors were scored pretty good.

When I got them off it turns out they actually aren't that bad. I could probably get another 50k-70K out of them, even with all the stop-n-go town driving and twisty back roads I am on. The rotors were scored but it didn't look like they were getting deeper; seems like the pads wore into the grooves and that was the end of the drama.
Idk about another 50-70k that seems a bit extreme for stock rotors... 160k? But if you get them machined and a new set of pads you should be set for a decent amount of time!

Reactions: SylenThunder

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had to have all four wheels changed at under 38000 miles, rotors front and back new calipers on the front, pads all the way around.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Had to have all four wheels changed at under 38000 miles, rotors front and back new calipers on the front, pads all the way around.
Both front calipers were bad?

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
@dby2011 - At 78K mile mark, my 2013 Dodge Dart's rotors were starting to warp ... so I ended up replacing all four [front (MOPAR part #: 68082120AA) & rear (MOPAR part #: 68082121AA)] ... BUT with almost 131K miles on the odometer, I'm still running the original disc brake pads (i.e., they are still well within spec).
Almost 188K miles on the odometer ... and I'm still running the original pads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4L turbo. I have 127k miles on mine and I'm just now changing brakes. This is the only thing good I can say about my Aero lol. Nothing but issues out of it since I bought the dang thing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
47K and I’m getting by some wobble when I brake from a higher speed. Most likely due to aggressive driving. New pads and rotors after I get back from vacation!

·
Registered
654 Posts
my 2016 is 3.5 years old and i have 20% brake life left. Dealer just checked yesterday. I'm going to get a set of F & R Powerstops pads and rotors within a week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got a 2013 2.0.auto at around 130k my brakes finally started acting the way i like (not grabby more pedal effort). They now have 225k on them, and still work well. As for driving style i drive older muscle cars, I have a 2009 Super Bee and I like the Brembo brakes on it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just changed mine a couple weeks ago. I just wanted new drilled and slotted rotors. Anyway. The original pads were there and had a lot of pad left.

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
230 Posts
I'm at about 98k and on my third set of front & rear pads and rotors. Pads were worn almost to the backing plates both times I replaced them. Rotors had enough rust that they were not remotely reusable.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts