Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got both rear and side mounts replaced and there’s a huge vibration noise whenever the car is idling, driving without pressing the accelerator, and the worst one is when I put it in reverse. Can someone please help me out or Show me where I should start.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Did you follow the engine centering procedure?

See the procedure in this link:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What brand mounts did you put in? OEM or aftermarket?
I bought aftermarket parts from this website called rockauto.com. Also the weird part is, I tried putting the old mounts back on to see if the noise would come back, and it did. No idea what’s going on I’m also honestly not very knowledgeable when it comes to this car so I’m sorry if there’s something I missed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you follow the engine centering procedure?

See the procedure in this link:
I’ll give this a shot this weekend and will come back with the results. Thank you so much for the help

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I bought aftermarket parts from this website called rockauto.com. Also the weird part is, I tried putting the old mounts back on to see if the noise would come back, and it did. No idea what’s going on I’m also honestly not very knowledgeable when it comes to this car so I’m sorry if there’s something I missed
I would attempt the mount centering procedure that was posted above first. It really depends on the build quality of the new mounts you purchased. I don't think anybody else has purchased them from rockauto.com and talked about it on this forum so its hard to say if they are stiffer than OEM or replica OEM.

I specifically purchased aftermarket mounts that were stiffer than OEM. They produce more vibrations than the OEM, the most vibrations in reverse as you mentioned. OEM mounts when worn, can produce additional vibrations. So if the new mounts are stiff they produce vibrations and when you put the bad mounts in you also had vibrations. Brand new OEM mounts will give you the least amount of vibration, however you will still have some on this vehicle, nothing can change that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i've tried the centering procedure and got another new right motor mount, and the vibration is actually slowly getting worse. I got home one night and went through park, reverse, neutral, and drive and noticed that when in park sometimes the vibration is there, when in reverse it's just awful definitely the loudest and most aggressive out of all 4. Neutral is the same vibration level as park, but oddly most of the time when i put it in drive the noise goes away. Also, when im casually driving and hit bumps on the road, the noise comes back during the duration of the bump. I'm trying to explain what the issue is the best that i can. It's driving me nuts and seeing as im a student, I don't really have the luxury of paying that ridiculous diagnostic fee at most of the shops in my area. If anyone who is more knowledgeable than me that is willing to at least lead me in the right direction it would be very very appreciated. Thank you all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i've tried the centering procedure and got another new right motor mount, and the vibration is actually slowly getting worse. I got home one night and went through park, reverse, neutral, and drive and noticed that when in park sometimes the vibration is there, when in reverse it's just awful definitely the loudest and most aggressive out of all 4. Neutral is the same vibration level as park, but oddly most of the time when i put it in drive the noise goes away. Also, when im casually driving and hit bumps on the road, the noise comes back during the duration of the bump. I'm trying to explain what the issue is the best that i can. It's driving me nuts and seeing as im a student, I don't really have the luxury of paying that ridiculous diagnostic fee at most of the shops in my area. If anyone who is more knowledgeable than me that is willing to at least lead me in the right direction it would be very very appreciated. Thank you all
I also forgot to mention that this is intermittent. But I'd say 90% of the time when i start my car that awful sounding vibration is there. Sounds like im driving a truck or something

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also forgot to mention that this is intermittent. But I'd say 90% of the time when i start my car that awful sounding vibration is there. Sounds like im driving a truck or something
2013 Dodge Dart GT 2.4L is the car i drive if that helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts