Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I woke up yesterday to some serious damage some drunk idiot did last night and he took off so I’m left with this tough damage on my car. Y’all think it’ll be fixable or is she a goner? :(
9B311F30-9567-4E7D-A3EF-BC7ED42DEEA3.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
It won't be cheap but it can be fixed. Air bags didn't go off and that is what would make it totaled (in my opinion).

Reactions: Oldarter#63

·
Super Moderator
4,816 Posts
If that bottom damage is at all structural, she is gone. If that was not there, new wheels, fender, bumper, door and panel covers + paint could get you out of a total.

To be honest, if you aren't upside down in your loan or have gap insurance then that drunk guy might have done you a favor. As the Dart's values are obviously not that high anymore, which actually would total it out very easily. With parts and Labor, $8k is not unrealistic with this damage and that's probably all it's worth. Your state might be different, but some should pay out what they consider the total threshold of the car to be. That could be 8k-10k, or more than you would get as a trade in value.

Sorry to see this, and I would hate to wake up to this, especially knowing it's your own insurance that needs to front the bill. Let us know what your Insurance thinks the damage is estimated at and if they decide to total. If that is structural damage and they want to try and fix it without totaling, Fight That. They did that with my first Dart. 15k in damages including frame damage. Insurance tried saying "its fixable". Body shop tried and caused more damage trying to straighten the frame. Just be vigilant with your insurance. They are going to raise your rates regardless for something that wasn't your fault. Don't forget this also will hit your resale value on the car if it does get fixed, so keep the numbers above in mind when they come to their result. The insurance company is looking to save as much money as possible, which might screw you over in the end so they are not always right.

If you loved your car and hate the idea of going back to buy a new one, I get that. But really take into consideration what would be better for you in either case. We all know the Dart is not a great "investment". If you plan to drive the wheels off, then it's an amazing care. If you buy and plan to sell in a few years, it's the worst decision you could have made as you're probably going to owe even more than you get. So good luck dealing with insurance, and best of luck on either getting your car fixed or your next car purchase! Best of all, we are glad this happened while you were not in the car. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s pretty much the exact same thing and exact damage that just happened . I woke up to a hit and run as my dodge was parked in front yard . I’m working on it myself but it was a $6000 dollar quote in San Diego . I only had liability and other car was found and uninsured. I went to trade in car at dealer and being upside down 10,000 bucks not happing. Trade in value for darts are super low . I was offered 1000 dollars at Toyota dealer . Needless to say I got about thing offered for dart engine wise costing 5000 so I’m keeping dodge ..

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts