Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My name is Cristian and im currently employed by Chrysler in Belvidere, IL; which is also the plant that we have been cranking out Darts like crazy! Ive seen these vehicles, their trims, and have seen them in all their colors. Cant wait to see what Dart enthusists do to them once they get their hands on them! I can also try to recieve and distribute, inside news from the plant (things im allowed to say anyways), pictures of the different colors that have rolled past me, etc.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Cristian!! Welcome aboard!!! This is fantastic news!! I know I probably speak for a lot of members when I say that I'm really looking forward to hearing all the ins and outs of whats going on. Pics will be fantastic as well!! Make yourself at home here and enjoy the forums!!

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
When I get my VIN I'll send it to you...be sure to have the crew sign the engine bay for me as it rolls down the line!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well sorry i havent been on for a good while guys! im getting busy working 10-12 hour days, cranking out the dart as fast as possible!; and yes i will try to give you all the info i am fed thru my co-workers, team leaders and other folk around the plant. One color that has really caught my eye is the BlueStreak color way! i just got the galazy s3 so there should be pics up by the end of the week as long as a video of a walk thru of the line! I hope everyone has a good weekend! Many more updates to come, Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Pics and vids from assembly line...now that would be cool to see your baby rolling down the line!! Yeah Blue Streak is the color that I got too!

When our Challenger was being built in Brampton there was a couple of people that worked there, that also belonged to a Challenger forum. They would initial or sign the fuse box, under the trunk mat and other discrete locations, snap a pic and post it the forum. It created a lot of excitement and it was cool when the car finally came in at the dealership and during inspection, folks would be looking all over their car for those little surprises! In addition, you could tell your dealer, yeah I know the guys at the factory that built this beast!!!

I’ll PM you my VIN…yeah I am funny that way!!!
Fuse-BoxSignature.jpg

And as for those long shifts at work, good luck! I know how those can drain a person. A few years ago I was working at this place that was a 24 by 7 operation. We had about a 13-14 hour shift (a 12 hour shift with about a 30 to 60 minute shift change over). We worked 3 days on, 2 days off and after a few weeks I had no idea what DAY it was! Those 3 work days were a killer because all it ever seemed like was get up, go to work, come home, go to sleep and repeat! And if someone called in sick or had vacation you might not get those two days off! I made bank at that place with truck-loads of OT!!!!

As much as I complained about that , I told myself…it is better to have a job then be sitting at home wishing I had one!!!

One last thing...Cubs or White Sox????

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome Christian,, I have read theat they have been buiding RT models since
April there but my local dealer in IN says it will be at least the fall of this year befire I can order one. They must have a heck of a waiting list. I can't wait for you guys to build mine onece I'm able to order.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well sorry i havent been on for a good while guys! im getting busy working 10-12 hour days, cranking out the dart as fast as possible!; and yes i will try to give you all the info i am fed thru my co-workers, team leaders and other folk around the plant. One color that has really caught my eye is the BlueStreak color way! i just got the galazy s3 so there should be pics up by the end of the week as long as a video of a walk thru of the line! I hope everyone has a good weekend! Many more updates to come, Stay Tuned!

Christian, is the plant making any 2.0 liter automatic Dodge Dart Limited models?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow guys i am so sorry for the huge wait...but alas...i was shut down pretty quick when my team leader saw me taking pictures of the darts on the assembly line and at the final bay...He made me delete all the pictures...I guess Chrysler isnt too fond of people releasing pictures of a car they havent "fully" released yet...how ever i will be sending updates continously. These 10-12 Shifts have been kicking my butt and now i find myself mostly sleeping showering eating and work...Blue Streak is the color that deffinatly catches my eye every time it rolls by, if i were to ever buy a dart...that would deff be my color! Also...All White Sox baby! haha. But Yes there is an automatic transmission opt. int he Dart Limited currently being made...although i havent seen many roll by but there are deffinatly out there. Also ive seen many people around saying the R/T is still not being assembled/produced yet...to put those rumors to rest...We are most deffinatly making head way on the number of R/Ts that people want...My best guess is the R/T should hit the road here pretty soon! I also took notice in the engine dock the bingo sheet on the engine palette...i found the 1.4, 2.0, and 2.4 tigershark...but then something caught my eye...there was a second page...a 2.4T TS...that was on the same shippment, but headed to detroit...Hmm...you thinking what im thinking?(;

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey there Christian! Thanks for all the info! Don't get yourself into too much trouble though, if they loose you that's one less brain working to push out our future Darts! :p

Thanks again for all the info!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow guys i am so sorry for the huge wait...but alas...i was shut down pretty quick when my team leader saw me taking pictures of the darts on the assembly line and at the final bay...He made me delete all the pictures...I guess Chrysler isnt too fond of people releasing pictures of a car they havent "fully" released yet...how ever i will be sending updates continously. These 10-12 Shifts have been kicking my butt and now i find myself mostly sleeping showering eating and work...Blue Streak is the color that deffinatly catches my eye every time it rolls by, if i were to ever buy a dart...that would deff be my color! Also...All White Sox baby! haha. But Yes there is an automatic transmission opt. int he Dart Limited currently being made...although i havent seen many roll by but there are deffinatly out there. Also ive seen many people around saying the R/T is still not being assembled/produced yet...to put those rumors to rest...We are most deffinatly making head way on the number of R/Ts that people want...My best guess is the R/T should hit the road here pretty soon! I also took notice in the engine dock the bingo sheet on the engine palette...i found the 1.4, 2.0, and 2.4 tigershark...but then something caught my eye...there was a second page...a 2.4T TS...that was on the same shippment, but headed to detroit...Hmm...you thinking what im thinking?(;
My 2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0L Auto in Blue Streak Pearl just went to "PRODUCTION SCHEDULED" on the VOTS website. About how long should it take to get to Framing?

Also, I heard that as of July 26, about 1300 more employees were hired, so are the Darts being produced faster now since then?

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
You know, I was wondering about the pictures...thats been a BIG NO NO in the past. We'd rather you keep your job than share info you shouldn't!

Yup, the 2.4T TS is what I'm anxiously awaiting! :)

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
clemu93 said:
Can you answer a question for me....I have heard several times that the Alpine 506 watt system is delayed until 8/13 and those cars cannot be finished until after that date. Is that the case?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey guys! My name is Cristian and im currently employed by Chrysler in Belvidere, IL; which is also the plant that we have been cranking out Darts like crazy! Ive seen these vehicles, their trims, and have seen them in all their colors. Cant wait to see what Dart enthusists do to them once they get their hands on them! I can also try to recieve and distribute, inside news from the plant (things im allowed to say anyways), pictures of the different colors that have rolled past me, etc.
Have you seen the dual dry clutch set up yet? rumor has it the are not around yet. While others state they are being built right now.....I wold love to have mine signed as well as it rolls down the line, Black on Black limited with everything and 1.4 with DDCT, I can get you vin and von numbers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
17 Participants
Slim26
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing