Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dart fam. I had these str rims 225/45R18’s for my Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
But that's now gone, so I'm trying to put the rims on the dart. But they don’t fit. Does anybody have ideas on what spacers or adapters would help ? Or how they got there 225/45R18’s on ?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Hey dart fam. I had these str rims 225/45R18’s for my Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
But that's now gone, so I'm trying to put the rims on the dart. But they don’t fit. Does anybody have ideas on what spacers or adapters would help ? Or how they got there 225/45R18’s on ?
@Abnstixkz -

225/45R18 is the size of the TIRES ... not the size of your "STR" rims.

2013-2016 Dodge Dart wheels have a 5x110mm bolt pattern with a 65.1mm centerbore and +46mm offset ... and some models came stock with 18"x7½" wheels mounted on 225/40R18 tires

I'm pretty sure the "STR" rims on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport have a 5x114.3mm bolt pattern ... so you'd definitely need to run adapters ... which would mess with the required wheel offset and/or backspacing ... and the "taller" 45 series would more than likely rub :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Abnstixkz -

225/45R18 is the size of the TIRES ... not the size of your "STR" rims.

2013-2016 Dodge Dart wheels have a 5x110mm bolt pattern with a 65.1mm centerbore and +46mm offset ... and some models came stock with 18"x7½" wheels mounted on 225/40R18 tires

I'm pretty sure the "STR" rims on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport have a 5x114.3mm bolt pattern ... so you'd definitely need to run adapters ... which would mess with the required wheel offset and/or backspacing ... and the "taller" 45 series would more than likely rub :(
So would you know What size adapters or kind ?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
So would you know What size adapters or kind ?
I'm almost beginning to think you are a troll ... or maybe you're just new to modifying cars ... ???

We have no idea what the specs are of the "STR" rims you ran on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ... all we know is they are 18" rims with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

So it's obvious that you will need to purchase four (4) "5x114.3 to 5x110" wheel adapters ... but without knowing the width, centerbore, offset, & backspacing of your "STR" rims, we can't tell you how thick (or thin) these wheel adapters have to be ... nor whether or not the "STR" rims will clear the brake calipers and/or rub the outer fender well.

I would also suggest running a 225/40R18 tire on these "STR" rims as the 45 series tires you have on them now are quite a bit taller and you might have clearance issues (plus your Dart's speedometer will need recalibration).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm almost beginning to think you are a troll ... or maybe you're just new to modifying cars ... ???

We have no idea what the specs are of the "STR" rims you ran on your Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ... all we know is they are 18" rims with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

So it's obvious that you will need to purchase four (4) "5x114.3 to 5x110" wheel adapters ... but without knowing the width, centerbore, offset, & backspacing of your "STR" rims, we can't tell you how thick (or thin) these wheel adapters have to be ... nor whether or not the "STR" rims will clear the brake calipers and/or rub the outer fender well.

I would also suggest running a 225/40R18 tire on these "STR" rims as the 45 series tires you have on them now are quite a bit taller and you might have clearance issues (plus your Dart's speedometer will need recalibration).

So not really sure which one to go with any tips ? Or advice or opinions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

And why would a speedometer calibrate Be needed ?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
So not really sure which one to go with any tips ? Or advice or opinions.
Neither of those!!!!

Your "STR" rims have a 5 (lug) by 114.3mm bolt pattern so you need an adapter that will allow you to bolt them up to your Dodge Dart wheel hubs ... which have a 5 (lug) by 110mm bolt pattern (i.e., not a 5 x 100mm bolt pattern) and a 65.1mm hub centric (i.e., not a 64.1mm hub centric).

You'll also need to determine how thick (or thin) these adapters have to be to ensure proper fitment (i.e., backspacing & wheel offset):

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
And why would a speedometer calibrate Be needed ?
A recalibration isn't absolutely necessary ... but without one, your speedometer & odometer won't be accurate.

Your Dart SXT came with 225/45/R17 tires ... if you ran the 225/45/R18 tires on which your "STR" rims are currently mounted, your speedo will be 4% off:

Tire Size Comparison (1).JPG

If you did as I suggested and mounted your "STR" rims on 225/40/R18 tires, your speedo would remain pretty accurate (i.e., only be 0.4% off):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts