Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Need to replace rear forward control arm bushing in my 15 Dart SXT 2.4L. BOLTS HOLDING BUSHING IN PLACE ARE INTERNAL STAR TYPE WHICH I BELIEVE ARE E type socket. If anyone possibly knows the size of socket that I would need to remove those BOLTS and could let me know it would be greatly appreciated. Also any available info on R &R of rear control arm bshg. (Rear forward) would be awesome. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I have the whole set of E sockets. What I find I use the most are E14 to E20. Not sure if there are any smaller or larger in the rear suspension, so if you want to be sure get all of them. There are quite a few things that need to come off with different size bolts. You will want to mark the location of components so they go back in the same places. Rear alignment can be affected if you don't.

Torxsockets2.jpg
TORX-sockets.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I bought a set of them from local parts store but only gors up to E-16. With my luck the E-16 was too small SMH. That was the biggest set they had there so im gonna have to go searching for them somewhere. Do you think I'll be good if I find a set that goes up to E-20 too? Or do I think I may need any bigger than E-20?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You should be able to find single sockets for E-18 and E-20 for less than a whole set. There are only 2 more that are larger, E22 and E-24 if you want to be sure. Check eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts