Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are continuously wiping and stuck on one speed and fluid wont spray. The wipers only turn off when the car is turned off completely. Turn signals work. I haven't tried unplugging the battery yet but has anyone else had this problem with their Dart?

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Probably the multifunction switch. Unfortunately a new one is quite expensive. You can get one from a junkyard wrecked Dart. The clockspring in the wrecked Dart is gone if the air bags were set off. Just swap in your good clockspring. Make sure the battery is disconnected for a while before taking anything apart in the steering column. If you want to drive the car before fixing it, you need to remove the cowl to get to the wiper motor to disconnect the wiring. There is no fuse, just a board mounted relay inside the BCM. Disconnecting the wiring is your only choice here.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
I have heard of many people just disconnecting the wiring for this. Unfortunately it is the only way unless you get the part fixed. And being winter, that might not be a great option. I know currently for me if my wipers were on full blast and the fluid wouldn't spray, I literally could not drive it. The salty water spray would be smearing way too much and make driving almost impossible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts