Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so, I bought a Dodge Dart 2013 1.4l turbo off the auction, as a not start vehicle.
First thing first, hooked up my scanner, it throws me bunch of codes on the TCM (transmission control module), and I can't connect with PCM (powertrain control module). Also, in every other module, (BCM, DSC control, etc) there's a code that states "no connection with PCM". So, the PCM doesn't connect with obd2 port or with other modules. Although, the module working. I can't start the vehicle, yes, but it is working, cuz whenever I unplug it I see the bunch of lost sensors on the dashboard, like oil, coolant temperature, etc. Also, module supplies some 5v to different sensors, which I can track.
I thought to do old way hot wiring the starter, and start the car, to check if the PCM programmed correctly with timing and fuel amount and etc, but the starter is super hard to reach to. So I didn't do that yet.
So I really need your help guys. I want to fix PCM first and then figure out with the transmission sensors, I might end up replacing the transmission, I know, but what about PCM, it's just... Confusing for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
The Dart has a complex group of things that have to happen to start. Nothing can be bypassed. Have you searched the forum? This is a fairly common question.

See this link:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Dart has a complex group of things that have to happen to start. Nothing can be bypassed. Have you searched the forum? This is a fairly common question.

See this link:
Yes, I just checked the topic, great guide how to diagnose no start issue, but my PCM is not responding to other modules or scan tool. Is it a good way to check it to hotwire starter pins on a starter relay and see if car will start?
What could be the problem if PCM working properly but not responding to other modules?

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
Hot wiring will just test the starter. ASD will not energize and let things progress.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, but how do you checking asd power? Like, where to start off, where originally power comes from? Check the asd relay? What powers that relay? Is there a module for that that controls supplying power to other modules?

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, @alpinegreenneon, sorry for bothering again. I was working for the whole week on my dart, evenings after work, and I made zero progress on that... So far facts that I'm sure about: ECM has power, but doesn't respond to other modules and scanner.
Starter relay has no power at all, has the ground tho. Doesn't turn over even if I'll hot wire it to the relay/or shorten the starter (when shortening the starter to start the car whole power just shuts down for a sec, not allowing to start the car).
I still have bunch of codes for transmission, for clutch position and gear range, but on my instrument cluster I can see gears. It wouldn't start on Parking or Neutral.
I'm kinda desperate already. If you could help me figure out, at least advise where to look and what to look for - I'll be more than grateful.

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
The gear range sensor is likely telling the PCM that it is not in Park or Neutral. What are the exact code numbers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The gear range sensor is likely telling the PCM that it is not in Park or Neutral. What are the exact code numbers?

So the TCM has following active codes:
P1D34-00 Trans gear position learn not run
P1D33-00 Clutch friction point learn not run
P1CC9-00 Unable to engage gear
P0911-00 Gate select actuator circuit range/ performance
P1CC0-00 hydraulic pump stuck off
P1C9B-00 gear shift position sensor 2 circuit high

There was much more codes in stored, but now it doesn't show up since I was disconnecting the battery

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
Pretty sure that is your problem. Any car will not start in gear if the PCM senses that it is unable to tell what the gear position is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty sure that is your problem. Any car will not start in gear if the PCM senses that it is unable to tell what the gear position is.
Is there's a way to check that sensor somehow? Or you think problem could be deeper, and the transmission is messed up inside, so the sensor doesn't read info?

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
Here is the DDCT schematic:

Some of the tests require a dealer scanner or you could get the alfaOBD android app with the OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner used with an android device.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM), C635 DDCT / Diagnosis and Testing

P0911-00-GATE SELECT ACTUATOR CIRCUIT RANGE-PERFORMANCE

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks for the movement of the gate select actuator. The gate select actuator distributes the transmission fluid from the electrovalves PPV1 and PPV2 to one of the four gear engagement actuators, depending on the position of the actuator spool, and it is controlled by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) via the electrovalve PPV-S. When the TCM does not control the gate select actuator, it has a rest position due to a load spring that puts the actuator spool in the position corresponding to that of the 1st-3rd gear engagement actuator. This diagnostic checks the gate select actuator position sensor output in order to confirm it is in its rest position when it is not being controlled by the TCM and that it moves to the proper position when it is being controlled by the TCM.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•The gate select is not in self learning mode AND no recovery actions involving the gate Select are active.
•The gate select position sensor has no electrical or out of range faults.
•The integrated circuit named MGS3 which drives the gate select electrovalve (PPV-S) has not failed.
•The communication between the integrated circuit named MGS3 and the Main Micro Processor (MMP) has not failed.
•The hydraulic pressure value low diagnostic has not failed.

Set Conditions:

•Gate Select Rest Position Check
◦The TCM is not controlling the gate select actuator and the output signal of the gate select actuator position sensor is greater than a calibrated value for a calibrated amount of time.

•Gate Select Requested Position Check
◦The failure is detected if the TCM is controlling the gate select actuator and the gate select actuator has failed to reach the TCM requested position for a calibrated number of attempts.

Possible Causes

TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY (GATE SELECT ACTUATOR)
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM)

Always perform the PRE-DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE before proceeding. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) /Standard Procedure).

CHECK THE GATE SELECT ACTUATOR OPERATION

View Repair.

Repair

•Check the transmission valve body gate select actuator for binding, sticking, or restricted movement. Repair as necessary.
•If no problems are found with the transmission valve body gate select actuator, and using the schematics as a guide, check the Transmission Control Module (TCM) terminals and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. Check for any Service Information Tune-ups or Service Bulletins for possible causes that may apply. If no problems are found, replace and program the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in accordance with the Service Information.
•Perform the C635 DDCT VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM), C635 DDCT / Diagnosis and Testing

P1C9B-00-GEAR SHIFT POSITION SENSOR 2 CIRCUIT HIGH

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic compares the output signal of the sensor to threshold values of normal operations. When the signal is out of range the diagnostic will be considered failing. The sensor is mounted next to the 2nd - 4th gear engagement actuator to detect a linear movement of the piston. For this purpose a permanent magnet is mounted on the piston which is moved over a complete travel stroke. The magnet position generates a saturation area in the internal ferromagnetic core of the sensor which is transformed to an output position signal. The sensor provides an output signal with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) at a fixed frequency and duty cycle proportional to the piston position of the actuator. The PWM duty cycle ranges between 10% and 90%.

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•Ignition is on or the TCM control unit is in power-on state.
•The engine is not in cranking mode.
•Power supply is between 7 - 24 volts.
•Main Micro Processor (MMP) supply diagnostics have not failed.
•The Sensor Power Supply 2(VS2) to the Gear Shift Position Sensor “B” has no electrical failure.

Set Conditions:

•The Gear Shift Position Sensor “B” signal value is greater than 4.5 volts for a calibrated amount of time.

Possible Causes

2-4 POSITION SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
2-4 POSITION SENSOR

Always perform the PRE-DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE before proceeding. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) /Standard Procedure).

1.CHECK TO SEE IF DTC P1C9B IS CURRENT

1. Using the scan tool, read TCM DTCs.

2. Record the Environmental Data and any DTCs.

3. Clear DTCs.

4. Using the recorded Environmental Data, along with the When Monitored and Set Conditions above, operate the vehicle in the conditions that set the DTC.

5. Read TCM DTCs.

Did the DTC reset?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•Go To 5

2.CHECK FOR OTHER SENSOR DTCS

Are there other sensor or sensor power supply DTCs set?

Yes

•Check the (F894) 5 Volt Supply B circuit for an open or short to ground. If no problem is found, and using the schematics as a guide, check the Transmission Control Module (TCM) pins, terminals, and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. If no problems are found, replace and program the TCM in accordance with the Service Information.
•Perform the C635 DDCT TRANSMISSION VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 3

3.CHECK THE (T47) 2-4 POSITION SIGNAL CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO VOLTAGE

1. Turn the ignition off to the lock position.

2. Disconnect the 2-4 Position Sensor harness connector.

3. Ignition on, engine not running.

4. Measure the voltage on the (T47) 2-4 Position Signal circuit.

Is the voltage greater than 0.5 of a volt?

Yes

•Repair the (T47) 2-4 Position Signal circuit for a short to voltage.
•Perform the C635 DDCT TRANSMISSION VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Go To 4

4. CHECK THE (T191 AND T192) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUITS FOR AN OPEN

1. Disconnect the TCM C2 harness connector.

2. Measure the resistance of the (T191 and T192) Sensor Ground circuit between the 2-4 Position Sensor and the TCM C2 harness connector.

Is the resistance below 5.0 Ohms?

Yes

•Replace the 2-4 Position Sensor.

No

•Repair the (T191 or T192) Sensor Ground circuit for an open.
•Perform the C635 DDCT VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

5.CHECK THE WIRING AND CONNECTORS

1. The conditions necessary to set this DTC are not present at this time.

2. Using the schematics as a guide, inspect the wiring and connectors specific to this circuit.

3. Wiggle the wires while checking for shorted and open circuits.

4. With the scan tool, check the Event Data to help identify the conditions in which the DTC was set.

Were there any problems found?

Yes

•Repair as necessary.

No

•Test Complete.

P1CC0-00-HYDRAULIC PUMP STUCK OFF

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks the performance of the hydraulic pump. The Smart Driver Unit (SDU) which is external to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) drives the hydraulic pump based upon a PWM command signal received from the Transmission Control Module (TCM). This diagnostic uses three feedback signals. The PWM driver, internal to TCM, returns a command feedback signal. The SDU returns to the TCM the hydraulic pump driver feedback signal. The TCM separately receives the hydraulic pump feedback signal confirming the pump state. This diagnostic checks the performance of the hydraulic pump.

•Ignition is on OR the TCM is in power-on
•The Hydraulic Pressure Sensor Diagnostics have not failed.
•The Hydraulic Pump Driver feedback diagnostic has not failed.

Set Conditions:

•The TCM command to the hydraulic pump is on and the hydraulic pressure sensor output is not increasing for a calibrated amount of time.

Possible Causes

HYDRAULIC PUMP
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM LEAK
OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
SMART DRIVE UNIT (SDU)

1.CHECK TO SEE IF DTC P1CC0 IS CURRENT

3. Clear DTCs.

4. Using the recorded Environmental Data, along with the When Monitored and Set Conditions above, operate the vehicle in the conditions that set the DTC.

5. Read TCM DTCs.

Did the DTC reset?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•Go To 6

2.CHECK THE PUMP OPERATION

1. Check the pump fuse. If fuse is open, repair cause of open fuse.

2. Using the scan tool, actuate the SDU/Electro pump.

Did the Hydraulic pump run?

Yes

•Check the hydraulic system for low fluid level or leaks in accordance with the Service Information.

No

•Go To 3

3.CHECK THE SDU

2. Disconnect the TCM C1 harness connector.

4. Measure the voltage of the (T318) circuit on the appropriate terminal of the TCM C1 harness connector.

Was battery voltage measured on the (T318) circuit?

Yes

•Go To 5

No

•Go To 4

4.CHECK THE (T318) CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE

2. Disconnect the Smart Drive Unit (SDU) harness connector.

3. Check the (T318) circuit for an open or high resistance.

Was an open or high resistance in the (T318) circuit found?

Yes

•Repair the (T318) circuit for an open.

No

•Using the schematics as a guide, check the Smart Drive Unit (SDU) pins, terminals, and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. If no problems are found, replace the SDU in accordance with the Service Information.

5.CHECK THE PUMP OPERATION

1. Disconnect the pump motor.

3. Measure the voltage across the motor harness connector.

Is there battery voltage across the motor harness connector?

Yes

•Replace the hydraulic pump in accordance with the Service Information.

No

•Using the schematics as a guide, check the Smart Drive Unit (SDU) pins, terminals, and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. If no problems are found, replace the SDU in accordance with the Service Information.

6.CHECK THE WIRING AND CONNECTORS

2. Using the schematics as a guide, inspect the wiring and connectors specific to this circuit.

4. With the scan tool, check the Event Data to help identify the conditions in which the DTC was set.

Yes

•Repair as necessary.

No

•Test Complete.

P1CC9-00-UNABLE TO ENGAGE GEAR

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks for the proper operation of the gate select and the four gear shift engagement actuators. The total number of performed operations and the number of failed operations by the gate select actuator and the four gear shift engagement actuators during a trip are accumulated in the internal memory of the Transmission Control Module (TCM). The registers in the internal memory which contain these counters are cleared after every trip. When the accumulated number of failed operations by the gate select actuator or by the four gear shift engagement actuators during a trip is greater than a corresponding threshold, this diagnostic will be considered failing.

•Enable Conditions for the Gate Select Check:
◦The total number of the gate select operations performed during a trip is greater than a calibrated value.
◦The total number of the gear engagements performed during a trip is greater than a calibrated value.

•Enable Conditions for Gear Engagement Check:
◦The total number of the gear engagements performed during a trip is greater than a calibrated value.

Set Conditions:

•Malfunction Criteria for Gear Select Check:
◦The accumulated number of the failed operations of the gate select actuator during a trip is greater than a calibrated value.

•Malfunction Criteria for Gear Engagement Check:
◦The accumulated number of the failed operations of the four gear shift engagement actuators during a trip is greater than a calibrated value.

Possible Causes

TRANSMISSION HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
TRANSMISSION MECHANICAL OPERATION

CHECK THE TRANSMISSION OPERATION

View Repair.

Repair

•Check transmission hydraulic operation, transmission mechanical operation, and valve body in accordance with the Service information. Repair as necessary.
•If no hydraulic or mechanical problems are found, and using the schematics as a guide, check the Transmission Control Module (TCM) terminals and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. Check for any Service Information Tune-ups or Service Bulletins for possible causes that may apply. If no problems are found, replace and program the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in accordance with the Service Information.

P1D33-00-CLUTCH FRICTION POINT LEARN NOT RUN

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks for the successful completion of the kiss point position learning procedure for odd and even clutch. These tests are only performed when the learning procedure is externally requested by a service technician after transmission repairs, software updates or at the transmission assembly end of line. When one of these tests fails the diagnostic will be considered failing.

•Enable Conditions for Odd Clutch Check:
◦Engine is running.
◦Driveline speed is lower than a calibrated value.
◦Accelerator pedal is not pressed.
◦System is not in creeping mode.
◦The above conditions have been satisfied for a calibrated amount of time.
◦Kiss point learning procedure is requested.
◦Actual gear is not an odd gear (1st, 3rd, 5th) or Reverse gear.
◦Odd gear (1st, 3rd, 5th) or Reverse gear is not pre-selected.
◦Requested gear is not 1st.
◦Actual gear is the neutral.
◦Even shaft speed is lower than a calibrated value.
◦Odd clutch temperature is lower than a calibrated value.
◦Odd clutch has been closed at least once during the current drive cycle.

•Enable Conditions for Even Clutch Check:
◦Engine is running.
◦Actual gear is not an even gear (2nd, 4th, 6th).
◦An even gear (2nd, 4th, 6th) is not pre-selected.
◦The requested gear is the 1st and the even clutch is open OR the actual gear is the neutral.
◦Odd shaft speed is lower than a calibrated value.
◦Even clutch temperature is lower than a calibrated value.
◦Kiss point position learning procedure for the odd clutch is not running.
◦Kiss point position learning procedure for the odd clutch has correctly completed.

Set Conditions:

•Malfunction Criteria for Odd Clutch Check:
◦Kiss point position learning procedure for odd clutch has not correctly completed because default values are still being used. (Note that the kiss point will also be learned during normal driving.)

•Malfunction Criteria for Even Clutch Check:
◦Kiss point position learning procedure for even clutch has not correctly completed because default values are still being used. (Note that the kiss point will also be learned during normal driving.)

Possible Causes

CLUTCH FRICTION POINT NOT LEARNED

CLUTCH FRICTION POINT LEARNED

1. Using the scan tool, perform the Clutch Contact Point Calibration.

Did the Clutch Contact Point Calibration complete successfully?

Yes

•Repair complete.
•Perform C635 DDCT VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•Check transmission hydraulic operation, transmission mechanical operation, and valve body in accordance with the Service information. Repair as necessary.
•If no hydraulic or mechanical problems are found, and using the schematics as a guide, check the Transmission Control Module (TCM) terminals and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. Check for any Service Information Tune-ups or Service Bulletins for possible causes that may apply. If no problems are found, replace and program the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in accordance with the Service Information.
•Perform the C635 DDCT VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure

P1D34-00-TRANS GEAR POSITION LEARN NOT RUN

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks for the successful completion of the gear position learning procedure. This test is only performed when the learning procedure is externally requested by a service technician after transmission repairs, software updates or at the transmission assembly end of line.

•The ignition is on or the Transmission Control Module (TCM) is in power-on state.
•Engine speed is lower than a calibrated value.
•Driveline speed is lower than a calibrated value.
•Gear position learning procedure is requested.
•Gear position learning procedure is not running.

Set Conditions:

•Gear position learning procedure does not complete correctly and all the data that should be stored by the gear position learning procedure is not present.

Possible Causes

TCM QUICK LEARN NOT PERFORMED

TCM QUICK LEARN

1. Using the scan tool, perform the TCM Quick Learn.

Did the TCM Quick Learn complete successfully?

Yes

•Repair complete.
•Perform C635 DDCT VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the DDCT schematic:
View attachment 126134

Some of the tests require a dealer scanner or you could get the alfaOBD android app with the OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner used with an android device.

P0911-00-GATE SELECT ACTUATOR CIRCUIT RANGE-PERFORMANCE

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks for the movement of the gate select actuator. The gate select actuator distributes the transmission fluid from the electrovalves PPV1 and PPV2 to one of the four gear engagement actuators, depending on the position of the actuator spool, and it is controlled by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) via the electrovalve PPV-S. When the TCM does not control the gate select actuator, it has a rest position due to a load spring that puts the actuator spool in the position corresponding to that of the 1st-3rd gear engagement actuator. This diagnostic checks the gate select actuator position sensor output in order to confirm it is in its rest position when it is not being controlled by the TCM and that it moves to the proper position when it is being controlled by the TCM.

•The gate select is not in self learning mode AND no recovery actions involving the gate Select are active.
•The gate select position sensor has no electrical or out of range faults.
•The integrated circuit named MGS3 which drives the gate select electrovalve (PPV-S) has not failed.
•The communication between the integrated circuit named MGS3 and the Main Micro Processor (MMP) has not failed.
•The hydraulic pressure value low diagnostic has not failed.

Set Conditions:

•Gate Select Rest Position Check
◦The TCM is not controlling the gate select actuator and the output signal of the gate select actuator position sensor is greater than a calibrated value for a calibrated amount of time.

•Gate Select Requested Position Check
◦The failure is detected if the TCM is controlling the gate select actuator and the gate select actuator has failed to reach the TCM requested position for a calibrated number of attempts.

Possible Causes

TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY (GATE SELECT ACTUATOR)

CHECK THE GATE SELECT ACTUATOR OPERATION

View Repair.

Repair

•Check the transmission valve body gate select actuator for binding, sticking, or restricted movement. Repair as necessary.
•If no problems are found with the transmission valve body gate select actuator, and using the schematics as a guide, check the Transmission Control Module (TCM) terminals and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. Check for any Service Information Tune-ups or Service Bulletins for possible causes that may apply. If no problems are found, replace and program the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in accordance with the Service Information.

P1C9B-00-GEAR SHIFT POSITION SENSOR 2 CIRCUIT HIGH

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic compares the output signal of the sensor to threshold values of normal operations. When the signal is out of range the diagnostic will be considered failing. The sensor is mounted next to the 2nd - 4th gear engagement actuator to detect a linear movement of the piston. For this purpose a permanent magnet is mounted on the piston which is moved over a complete travel stroke. The magnet position generates a saturation area in the internal ferromagnetic core of the sensor which is transformed to an output position signal. The sensor provides an output signal with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) at a fixed frequency and duty cycle proportional to the piston position of the actuator. The PWM duty cycle ranges between 10% and 90%.

•Ignition is on or the TCM control unit is in power-on state.
•Power supply is between 7 - 24 volts.
•Main Micro Processor (MMP) supply diagnostics have not failed.
•The Sensor Power Supply 2(VS2) to the Gear Shift Position Sensor “B” has no electrical failure.

Set Conditions:

•The Gear Shift Position Sensor “B” signal value is greater than 4.5 volts for a calibrated amount of time.

Possible Causes

2-4 POSITION SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
2-4 POSITION SENSOR

1.CHECK TO SEE IF DTC P1C9B IS CURRENT

3. Clear DTCs.

5. Read TCM DTCs.

Did the DTC reset?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•Go To 5

2.CHECK FOR OTHER SENSOR DTCS

Are there other sensor or sensor power supply DTCs set?

Yes

•Check the (F894) 5 Volt Supply B circuit for an open or short to ground. If no problem is found, and using the schematics as a guide, check the Transmission Control Module (TCM) pins, terminals, and connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal push out. Pay particular attention to all power and ground circuits. If no problems are found, replace and program the TCM in accordance with the Service Information.

No

•Go To 3

3.CHECK THE (T47) 2-4 POSITION SIGNAL CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO VOLTAGE

2. Disconnect the 2-4 Position Sensor harness connector.

4. Measure the voltage on the (T47) 2-4 Position Signal circuit.

Is the voltage greater than 0.5 of a volt?

Yes

•Repair the (T47) 2-4 Position Signal circuit for a short to voltage.

No

•Go To 4

4. CHECK THE (T191 AND T192) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUITS FOR AN OPEN

1. Disconnect the TCM C2 harness connector.

2. Measure the resistance of the (T191 and T192) Sensor Ground circuit between the 2-4 Position Sensor and the TCM C2 harness connector.

Is the resistance below 5.0 Ohms?

Yes

•Replace the 2-4 Position Sensor.

No

•Repair the (T191 or T192) Sensor Ground circuit for an open.

5.CHECK THE WIRING AND CONNECTORS

Yes

•Repair as necessary.

No

•Test Complete.

P1CC0-00-HYDRAULIC PUMP STUCK OFF

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks the performance of the hydraulic pump. The Smart Driver Unit (SDU) which is external to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) drives the hydraulic pump based upon a PWM command signal received from the Transmission Control Module (TCM). This diagnostic uses three feedback signals. The PWM driver, internal to TCM, returns a command feedback signal. The SDU returns to the TCM the hydraulic pump driver feedback signal. The TCM separately receives the hydraulic pump feedback signal confirming the pump state. This diagnostic checks the performance of the hydraulic pump.

•Ignition is on OR the TCM is in power-on
•The Hydraulic Pressure Sensor Diagnostics have not failed.
•The Hydraulic Pump Driver feedback diagnostic has not failed.

Set Conditions:

•The TCM command to the hydraulic pump is on and the hydraulic pressure sensor output is not increasing for a calibrated amount of time.

Possible Causes

HYDRAULIC PUMP
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM LEAK
OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
SMART DRIVE UNIT (SDU)

1.CHECK TO SEE IF DTC P1CC0 IS CURRENT

3. Clear DTCs.

5. Read TCM DTCs.

Did the DTC reset?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•Go To 6

2.CHECK THE PUMP OPERATION

1. Check the pump fuse. If fuse is open, repair cause of open fuse.

Did the Hydraulic pump run?

Yes

•Check the hydraulic system for low fluid level or leaks in accordance with the Service Information.

No

•Go To 3

3.CHECK THE SDU

2. Disconnect the TCM C1 harness connector.

4. Measure the voltage of the (T318) circuit on the appropriate terminal of the TCM C1 harness connector.

Was battery voltage measured on the (T318) circuit?

Yes

•Go To 5

No

•Go To 4

4.CHECK THE (T318) CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE

2. Disconnect the Smart Drive Unit (SDU) harness connector.

3. Check the (T318) circuit for an open or high resistance.

Was an open or high resistance in the (T318) circuit found?

Yes

•Repair the (T318) circuit for an open.

No

5.CHECK THE PUMP OPERATION

1. Disconnect the pump motor.

3. Measure the voltage across the motor harness connector.

Is there battery voltage across the motor harness connector?

Yes

•Replace the hydraulic pump in accordance with the Service Information.

No

6.CHECK THE WIRING AND CONNECTORS

Yes

•Repair as necessary.

No

•Test Complete.

P1CC9-00-UNABLE TO ENGAGE GEAR

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks for the proper operation of the gate select and the four gear shift engagement actuators. The total number of performed operations and the number of failed operations by the gate select actuator and the four gear shift engagement actuators during a trip are accumulated in the internal memory of the Transmission Control Module (TCM). The registers in the internal memory which contain these counters are cleared after every trip. When the accumulated number of failed operations by the gate select actuator or by the four gear shift engagement actuators during a trip is greater than a corresponding threshold, this diagnostic will be considered failing.

•Enable Conditions for the Gate Select Check:
◦The total number of the gate select operations performed during a trip is greater than a calibrated value.

•Enable Conditions for Gear Engagement Check:

Set Conditions:

•Malfunction Criteria for Gear Select Check:
◦The accumulated number of the failed operations of the gate select actuator during a trip is greater than a calibrated value.

•Malfunction Criteria for Gear Engagement Check:
◦The accumulated number of the failed operations of the four gear shift engagement actuators during a trip is greater than a calibrated value.

Possible Causes

TRANSMISSION HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
TRANSMISSION MECHANICAL OPERATION

CHECK THE TRANSMISSION OPERATION

View Repair.

Repair

P1D33-00-CLUTCH FRICTION POINT LEARN NOT RUN

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks for the successful completion of the kiss point position learning procedure for odd and even clutch. These tests are only performed when the learning procedure is externally requested by a service technician after transmission repairs, software updates or at the transmission assembly end of line. When one of these tests fails the diagnostic will be considered failing.

•Enable Conditions for Odd Clutch Check:
◦Engine is running.
◦Actual gear is not an odd gear (1st, 3rd, 5th) or Reverse gear.
◦Odd gear (1st, 3rd, 5th) or Reverse gear is not pre-selected.
◦Requested gear is not 1st.
◦Actual gear is the neutral.
◦Even shaft speed is lower than a calibrated value.
◦Odd clutch temperature is lower than a calibrated value.
◦Odd clutch has been closed at least once during the current drive cycle.

•Enable Conditions for Even Clutch Check:
◦Engine is running.
◦Actual gear is not an even gear (2nd, 4th, 6th).
◦An even gear (2nd, 4th, 6th) is not pre-selected.
◦The requested gear is the 1st and the even clutch is open OR the actual gear is the neutral.
◦Odd shaft speed is lower than a calibrated value.
◦Even clutch temperature is lower than a calibrated value.
◦Kiss point position learning procedure for the odd clutch is not running.
◦Kiss point position learning procedure for the odd clutch has correctly completed.

Set Conditions:

•Malfunction Criteria for Odd Clutch Check:
◦Kiss point position learning procedure for odd clutch has not correctly completed because default values are still being used. (Note that the kiss point will also be learned during normal driving.)

•Malfunction Criteria for Even Clutch Check:
◦Kiss point position learning procedure for even clutch has not correctly completed because default values are still being used. (Note that the kiss point will also be learned during normal driving.)

Possible Causes

CLUTCH FRICTION POINT NOT LEARNED

CLUTCH FRICTION POINT LEARNED

1. Using the scan tool, perform the Clutch Contact Point Calibration.

Did the Clutch Contact Point Calibration complete successfully?

Yes

•Repair complete.

No

•Perform the C635 DDCT VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Transmission Control (TCM) - Standard Procedure

P1D34-00-TRANS GEAR POSITION LEARN NOT RUN

Theory of Operation

This diagnostic checks for the successful completion of the gear position learning procedure. This test is only performed when the learning procedure is externally requested by a service technician after transmission repairs, software updates or at the transmission assembly end of line.

•The ignition is on or the Transmission Control Module (TCM) is in power-on state.
•Engine speed is lower than a calibrated value.
•Driveline speed is lower than a calibrated value.
•Gear position learning procedure is requested.
•Gear position learning procedure is not running.

Set Conditions:

•Gear position learning procedure does not complete correctly and all the data that should be stored by the gear position learning procedure is not present.

Possible Causes

TCM QUICK LEARN NOT PERFORMED

TCM QUICK LEARN

1. Using the scan tool, perform the TCM Quick Learn.

Did the TCM Quick Learn complete successfully?

Yes

•Repair complete.

No

Oh, that's a lot of tests to perform. Thank you so much for info and materials, I'll thoroughly read it all. What code you would start dealing first?

·
Super Moderator
3,387 Posts
Go in the numerical order as I have posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts