Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While changing the downstream O2 sensor I came across this steel ball screwed into the block next to the starter and I have no idea what it is. It was covered in oil and I am trying to figure out if this thing is leaking oil or if it is coming from above and dripping down onto it.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
That is the accumulator for your DDCT. It is part of the hydraulic pump assembly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the accumulator for your DDCT. It is part of the hydraulic pump assembly.
Thank you. I am guessing that the oil that was dripping from it is probably coming from the vacuum pump since that is above this area. Hopefully it's not hard to replace the gasket.
I also found a plastic container under the hood with a ring around the cap that said DDCT. Is that where I check the fluid for this trans? I thought the DDCT was a sealed system.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
There are two different oils in the DDCT. The plastic reservoir on top is for that hydraulic pump. Is that oil level low?

The hydraulic fluid - C SERIES DDCT SAE 75W HYDRAULIC FLUID:
Part No. 68092638AA

Do not confuse with the internal fluid - C SERIES MANUAL & DUAL DRY CLUTCH TRANSMISSION FLUID:
Quart
Part No. 68092630AA

Gallon
Part No. 68092636AA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are two different oils in the DDCT. The plastic reservoir on top is for that hydraulic pump. Is that oil level low?

The hydraulic fluid - C SERIES DDCT SAE 75W HYDRAULIC FLUID:
Part No. 68092638AA

Do not confuse with the internal fluid - C SERIES MANUAL & DUAL DRY CLUTCH TRANSMISSION FLUID:
Quart
Part No. 68092630AA

Gallon
Part No. 68092636AA
Thank you very much! So much I still have to learn about this car. I'll have to check that reservoir when I get home. I was afraid to remove the cap not knowing what it was for. I had no idea the DDCT used two different fluids.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The trans side of the engine has a vacuum pump for the power brake booster. It's bolted to the head under a bracket. There is a gasket there and that could be the source of the leak. Check both engine and hydraulic reservoir oil levels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
alpinegreenneon
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing