Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got the appropriate bulbs (I think) to put in my side mirrors to shine down towards your feet when you open the door. Does anyone have experience opening it up to change the bulb? A lot of things in the car takes prying, but I'm nervous about this one. I'm afraid I'll break it if I just pop a flathead under it and pull. So I'd appreciate any help with changing my courtesy lights to red! I've got a '13 limited.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Those 'bulbs' are LEDs, not sure how accessible they are but I've been considering opening up my mirrors to put some quality warm white leds in there that don't mostly shine UV.

Where did you find bulbs that are supposed to replace those?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't be surprised. I was pretty bummed out when I took my door apart, excited to put in some colored accents, and all I saw was a single LED bulb with two wires coming from it.

So that's what the bulb is called on the link? T10? It's the same as map/dome/trunk lights.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised. I was pretty bummed out when I took my door apart, excited to put in some colored accents, and all I saw was a single LED bulb with two wires coming from it.

So that's what the bulb is called on the link? T10? It's the same as map/dome/trunk lights.
Yeah, that's the size of the base that most aftermarket companies call it. You've also got 194s, 174s, etc. but those numbers mainly dictate the height of the bulb, the bases on most of the bulbs in the car are the same.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Posted this in the wrong thread, but here it is for this one:

The light just pops out FYI, outter most corner get your fingernail under there and you can just pull it down. It clips in on the outter most edge and has a tab on the car side of the mirror.

It's also two small spade connections, not a T10 and the whole assembly will need disassembled to change the LED out. Fortunately, it looks like a standard 5050 LED but unfortunately if you mess it up while working on it you will need to buy a new one. The lens is glued to the back-side.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So...have we had any success stories?

I want some green ones.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How maybe applying some green film over it? (im looking to have mine Red lol) or even some light plastidip?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts