Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, I just signup to the forum to learn about Darts,
I want to buy a used Dart for my daughter but I don't know what engine and what year will be best
out of high school she drove a Mini S turbo for a year and now she is driving a Pt Cruiser GT turbo with the 2.4 engine
both run on premium fuel and the pt is bad on gas ( w syked stage one ecu ) so regular gas and not turbo this time
thank you for your help and suggestions.

I drive a Charger and wife drives a Grand caravan

·
Super Moderator
3,799 Posts
The 2.0 with auto trans is probably the most reliable but many think it's slow. The 1.4 turbo with manual trans might be more like what she is accustomed to but it is more Fiat than Dodge and needs premium gas. The 2.4 engines can have an oil consumption problem but if you are lucky and get one of the good ones, she should be happy with that. The touchscreens can be problematic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to stay away from the premium fuel turbo vehicles, what is the problem with the touchscreens ?

·
Super Moderator
3,799 Posts
Trying to stay away from the premium fuel turbo vehicles, what is the problem with the touchscreens ?
They have problems like going black and then nothing works. Replacement is expensive. Do some searching on this site.

and many others

1 - 4 of 4 Posts