Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a set of new Hella 500 off-road lights that I was going to put on my Jeep but I sold that for the Dart. Has anyone done something like this? I was thinking of mounting them either in front of the grill or under it in front of the fascia honeycomb area.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I very roughly mocked up a cardboard bracket for the lights. I was thinking of mounting them on some very sturdy plastic that helps to secure the front fascia. The bracket could attach at two points up top, and also a small bolt could attach to the bottom of the hood release mechanism. Off of this bracket there could be two brackets going forward which are placed through the mesh in the grill, and then a vertical piece which lowers the mounting of the lights so that aerodynamics are less affected. I am holding off on this project for now since I am not that good at welding, but I may tackle it in the future.

For those of you that may be interested, I have posted my mock-ups. The green are the bolts, blue is the main bracket, red are the extension brackets, and the yellow and silver brackets may be required for extra support if there is vibration. Also I quickly photoshopped in some Hella's for fun to get an idea of how they would look :). View attachment 55223 View attachment 55224 dart hella 500.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Good location, won't be blocking much airflow. Though it might get noisier when you're driving for aerodynamics. I do believe we have someone else with auxiliaries, and they're either in the fog light spot or in the spot you're planning.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also thought about going through a car wash and was thinking it might not be safe because the lights could be ripped out of the bumper? Previously I had a Jeep with a snorkel on it and I never took it through a car wash once in fear that it could rip off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ive been thinking of doing the same thing to my dart. I work at the end of a 1.5 mile unlit road and the headlights just dont cut it. I was thinking of using one of those front license plate brackets. My car's previous owner was from New Jersey so the holes are already drilled. Would there be a way to wire in a quick release, kind of like the connectors for trailer lights, so that i can remove the lights during the summer and only have them on for winter in worse weather conditions?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive been thinking of doing the same thing to my dart. I work at the end of a 1.5 mile unlit road and the headlights just dont cut it. I was thinking of using one of those front license plate brackets. My car's previous owner was from New Jersey so the holes are already drilled. Would there be a way to wire in a quick release, kind of like the connectors for trailer lights, so that i can remove the lights during the summer and only have them on for winter in worse weather conditions?
Smart idea on the license plate bracket, you will just need small or lighter LEDs since it wouldn't support too much weight. I am sure you could make up up a kit yourself, using generic parts but it would require soldering.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Smart idea on the license plate bracket, you will just need small or lighter LEDs since it wouldn't support too much weight. I am sure you could make up up a kit yourself, using generic parts but it would require soldering.
Good to hear. I'm pretty decent at soldering. I just ordered some hella 500s and a bracket. I'll see if it can support them as they're pretty lightweight from what I hear. Then I'll see what the wiring looks like to find some connectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
CJSchecter96
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing