Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Dart 2017
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve read all of the discussions about the headlights going out, however mine does this on and off for months.. I got the newest update when I turn the dial from auto to the manual lights it only does my brights and I’m out in the Ogden Canyon divide. How do I fix this so I don’t blind someone..and so I can see?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had similar issue with my headlights. There was a short in the actual connection that connects to the bulb. I cut off the existing one on car and replaced those pigtail connections off Amazon. This solved the problem of my bulbs (low beam/ driving lights) from shorting out and only my high beams working.

Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
3,986 Posts
The same single filament bulb works both high and low beams for the base headlights. When you select low beams, a shutter moves down and covers part of the bulb. When you select high beams, the shutter moves up letting the bulb have full output. There is no change in voltage to the bulb. The shutter mechanism and it's wiring is an internal part of the headlight module.
There are soldered in relays and replacable fuses in the BCM for the HID premium headlights. The HID headlights also use a ballast mounted on the headlight module.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts