Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my headlight on the the left side went out one day so I switched it out with the new one and it still doesn’t come on but the right side is okay.. any suggestions on what the problem may be

·
Super Moderator
4,600 Posts
Is the access panel in the wheel well still there? If not, corrosion has gotten into the brown connector.

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
So my headlight on the the left side went out one day so I switched it out with the new one and it still doesn’t come on but the right side is okay.. any suggestions on what the problem may be View attachment 125524
I see this is an HID kit. What brand did you go with and is it using a relay or canbus ballasts? If neither, then I recommend removing it entirely for another kit or get a relay. Also if your harness on the driver side is broken for some reason, then a relay would help with since you only need a power signal from one side. Usually this side is the driver side but you could make it work with the other since that side is working.

·
Super Moderator
4,600 Posts
There are corrosion cleaner sprays that you can buy at an auto parts store or google
corrosion cleaner spray for electronics.
You will want to try to find that access panel at a self serve junkyard from a wrecked Dart. As far as I know, it is not available as a separate part from a dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
  1. There are corrosion cleaner sprays that you can buy at an auto parts store or google
    You will want to try to find that access panel at a self serve junkyard from a wrecked Dart. As far as I know, it is not available as a separate part from a dealer.
    Which one will I spray ?

·
Super Moderator
4,600 Posts
You remove the brown connector and spray into the female terminals. If they are really green with corrosion, take an old toothbrush and scrub as much away as you can. Then follow with compressed air. Test to see if the headlight now works. If so, pack the connector with silicone dielectric grease.

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
There are corrosion cleaner sprays that you can buy at an auto parts store or google
It is but I don't remember the part number. I bought like 8 of them because I did HID installs for my friends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts