Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a brand of led headlight they recommend that doesn’t create a massive black spot in the middle?

2013Dodge Dart Rallye Turbo

·
Registered
11 Posts
you can try hikari ultra, i just took mine out and swapped for 35w hids. the hikari didn't put as much light on the road. it's weird to say but it would light up reflectors etc a long way out but objects on the road were still hard to see. as soon as led gets better i'll put another set in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can try hikari ultra, i just took mine out and swapped for 35w hids. the hikari didn't put as much light on the road. it's weird to say but it would light up reflectors etc a long way out but objects on the road were still hard to see. as soon as led gets better i'll put another set in.

thats what mine do now. can see a road sign from a mile away

·
Super Moderator
4,770 Posts
thats what mine do now. can see a road sign from a mile away
It's because LED is still not superior. HID works because it creates an intense hot spot of light just light halogens. Most of you are using Halogen projectors if you guys are upgrading anyways. LEDs only work so well in some cars when they have specific LED projectors made for them. Otherwise, you're just gonna get a big flood of light in all directions, but not so much of a hot spot.

Some LED companies have fixed this and are doing better with this, but still when it comes to the lumens it can put down on the road and down the road, HID still wins. I recommend you check the post in my signature for the HID's that I recommend. They are plug and play so not much in need of modification other than a hole in the dust caps. Which if that's an absolute deal breaker (which I will say, seriously?) then the caps themselves can be bought separately for just a couple bucks as spares.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts