Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
how do you ajust the brights also. they meet at a point and you can not see the side of road. poor design
Your fog lights should cover this.

Stock HID's cover the side quite nicely, but when i had my old dart with the 9012's and put HIDs in I noticed very quickly that those housings don't do much for the side. But the fogs, covered more than enough of the side of the road for me. I also put in High powered LEDs in my Fogs, had HIDs in there too but these LEDs I like even better, and now you can see everything. lol

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
They are screwed :crazy:
No doubt!
Just about hit 3 deer on the weekend. Thankfully my stock brights are adjusted pretty well and I saw them in time to stop.
For those wondering, my stock brakes stopped me from highway speed to 0 VERY nicely.

Reactions: Cntrollerfanboy

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
No doubt!
Just about hit 3 deer on the weekend. Thankfully my stock brights are adjusted pretty well and I saw them in time to stop.
For those wondering, my stock brakes stopped me from highway speed to 0 VERY nicely.
Some people say that the stock brakes suck. I would have to disagree with that. My first car was totaled because there was an accident in front of me on the high way in a very confined construction zone (no where to really go) and I stopped before hitting the cars in front of me. But the two people behind me weren't so quick...

Also now with my new dart, similar thing happened on the highway. Everyone had to lock up their brakes. I stopped very quickly. The focus behind me... I'm going to strap some outward exploding device to my car. The next person that rear ends me will just get blasted away. lol

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
Some people say that the stock brakes suck. I would have to disagree with that. My first car was totaled because there was an accident in front of me on the high way in a very confined construction zone (no where to really go) and I stopped before hitting the cars in front of me. But the two people behind me weren't so quick...

Also now with my new dart, similar thing happened on the highway. Everyone had to lock up their brakes. I stopped very quickly. The focus behind me... I'm going to strap some outward exploding device to my car. The next person that rear ends me will just get blasted away. lol
The Dart has always gotten high marks for its amazing braking ability. In some reviews that's the only nice thing they say about it. I've never seen a review where they slagged the brakes on the Dart, and the fact that every trim level from the base SE to the loaded GT get the same excellent braking system is pretty cool. Unfortunately, as you've noted, it's ideal if you have better brakes than the person ahead of you and worse brakes than the person behind you. :)

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I seriously recommend not turning the headlights up more than 1/2 turn. You ARE blinding people if you are, and you're very near or at stock brights level at 1 to 1-1/2 turns. There's just no need to go any higher than that.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
I seriously recommend not turning the headlights up more than 1/2 turn. You ARE blinding people if you are, and you're very near or at stock brights level at 1 to 1-1/2 turns. There's just no need to go any higher than that.
Yes, check out the adjustment on a wall/garage door. Be considerate of other drivers. :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Find my thread about the headlight adjustment and I took a real photo, it's super easy. I'd copy the link but don't know how, I'm on my phone
I need help. I've replaced my daughter's fender 3X, country life(deer seasons). This 3rd time she got a new driver side light. The allenhead adjustment screw is missing on that side pass side there tho. Guess all the hits displaced it. How do I get another or adjust the beam it's pointed WAY down ????

21 - 30 of 30 Posts