Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Every one,
I' new to the site, Im 33 old from Quebec and i'm not very good in english but i will do my best :).

So, I have a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited 2.0L

last 3 weeks, while driving on a freeway the car overheat, i stop and it was missing coolant.
I add cooling and continu driving it was ok.

But i notice, when i drive on freeway on constant speed the temps is between 90 and 100 when i up hill.

in idle, when the fan kick on, the temps wont lower, i need to turn fan heater on or make engine turn 1500-2000rpm to drop the temperature.

i flush coolant and replace thermostat, fill with vacuum tool.

i notice, the radiator have cold spot and alway have air when i open the purge valve on the radiator passanger side.

compression was good. maybe head gasket? commun problem?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
Are you still losing coolant?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but just a little, i cant see where.

and when the engine is hot, the coolant get lower in the tank, when it cool down, i need to open the cap and the coolant goes up

I forgot to say, since a few months, i have misfire #1 cylinder only start up, i try coil and spark plug, still on #1. last week after i refill my coolant after the overheating, i had misfire on freeway and acceleration. now this week, after thermostat replacement, i dont have any misfire, only rough idle sometimes

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
You either have an air bubble somewhere in the cooling system or compression is leaking through the head gasket. A compression test and leak down test may help the diagnosis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what can do this to the engine block? can only replace head gasket et resurface the cylinder can do the job?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts