Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to like my car, but I live in Alaska and there is going to be tons of snow here and I don't want to plow the driveway. I like the look of lifted cars which some find funny, I was wondering if anyone has lifted their Dart and what did you use to do it? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
You could buy some coilovers and set it to max height. I don't think anybody has done that, they have only lowered the height on their cars.

·
Premium Member
6,295 Posts
You could buy some coilovers and set it to max height. I don't think anybody has done that, they have only lowered the height on their cars.
That's because all of the very few coilovers for the Dart are designed to lower the ride height, even at their highest setting. You'd have to do something custom, but you probably couldn't do more than a couple of inches because it's a FWD transaxle car with short driveshafts than can only deflect so far.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I havnt seen anything, but I was discussing this a couple months ago and there's a universal way to do it with a spacer.
I don't remember exactly what he said as there was a term used and it was face to face so I can't look it up but it sounded pretty promising.

My concern would be stability, alignment and the idiot factor which is me. How bad can I mess it up? Ohhh yes!

I would be very interested in this as I've obviously toyed with the idea so if you find something let us know!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I did it but I had to remove all the emblems and install emblems that could be seen at the increased height. Also had to lengthen the body to try to maintain the gas mileage where it was pre-lift.
34.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts